NEED one of the Big Three Pitchers Left

Bahama O's Fan

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But at least someone will so folks will stop thinking he will come here.

True. Admittedly there is a little part of me still hoping for it...it'll be nice when it's no longer there and I can accept the mediocrity for what it is.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Not that the exact deal was available for the Orioles, but I greatly prefer Lynn at 1/12 over Cashner at 2/16.

o

I would greatly prefer to have BOTH for those prices.

I'm leaning over right now, because my balls are hurting so badly.

My balls, Luke ........ I just got kicked in my Oriole balls.

o

6 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I would greatly prefer to have BOTH for those prices.

I'm leaning over right now, because my balls are hurting so badly.

My balls, Luke ........ I just got kicked in my Oriole balls.

o

I am not paying money to watch a team with Tillman and Mike Wright as 4 and 5.  If I want to watch Bowie, I will just go there directly. 

Given other choices, there is little to no chance a pitcher would choose to pitch at Camden Yards and in the AL East on a one year pillow deal.

I think the Orioles would have loved to have signed Lynn to a 1 year deal, but he obviously wants to prove he is better than he showed last year. His chances of doing that are much better in Minnesota. 

Now, with that being said, I think the Orioles better make an aggressive push for Cobb now. He probably doesn't sign here either for less than 3 years guaranteed. 

13 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Yeah if they want to compete, my preferred route was trading the impending free agents and reloading for 2019, but that ship seems to have sailed.

I was with you about trading Machado but now that the price of these FA pitchers has plummeted so much I actually would prefer they'd signed one or two of them and made a run.  

It's still not too late.  We could still sign Cobb to a 2 year deal and maybe add Feldman on a minor league deal.  I'd feel a lot better about our rotation under those circumstances.  

But if we miss the boat on these incredible free agent pitcher values -- probably the best values you're ever going to get on FA SP -- they yes we should do a fire sale.  

1 hour ago, Os84 said:

Given other choices, there is little to no chance a pitcher would choose to pitch at Camden Yards and in the AL East on a one year pillow deal.

I think the Orioles would have loved to have signed Lynn to a 1 year deal, but he obviously wants to prove he is better than he showed last year. His chances of doing that are much better in Minnesota. 

Now, with that being said, I think the Orioles better make an aggressive push for Cobb now. He probably doesn't sign here either for less than 3 years guaranteed. 

Ding ding ding. Wonder what their offer was. Probably 2-3 years around 12-13 per.

10 minutes ago, FanSince88 said:

I was with you about trading Machado but now that the price of these FA pitchers has plummeted so much I actually would prefer they'd signed one or two of them and made a run.  

It's still not too late.  We could still sign Cobb to a 2 year deal and maybe add Feldman on a minor league deal.  I'd feel a lot better about our rotation under those circumstances.  

But if we miss the boat on these incredible free agent pitcher values -- probably the best values you're ever going to get on FA SP -- they yes we should do a fire sale.  

Yeah, I hear you.

Just to be clear what I’m talking about isn’t a fire sale, it’s something middle to lower market teams should do regularly, which is trading more expensive/near free agency assets. 

The thing is they are going to be in this boat again next year as well. Tillman is here for only one year. That leaves KG, Bundy and Cashner. I hope Harvey can join at some point in 2019 but even best case scenario he isn’t pitching the whole year.  

Really have to wonder about the Angelos selling rumors. 

2 hours ago, Os84 said:

I’ve seen this mentioned before but don’t get the thinking. It’s not like a team next year is going to be fooled by a guy going somewhere he thinks will be easier to pitch. If I wanted to establish value I’d consider the AL East. Then, I’d go out and prove it.

MLB has wised up. Peripheral numbers, park adjusted numbers, a lot of information is available.

It’s amazing to me that no one here mentions Arrieta. Out of Arrieta, Darvish, Cobb and Lynn name the only one to pitch the last three years. That’s right. And if Cobb and Lynn are TOR they aren’t an aces. 

And he’s built like a horse. There won’t be questions about him coming to camp out of shape. 

But I’ve doubled all along the 2018 mantra of “We’re going for it.” Arrieta at 1/$20. He’s basically fallen into their lap. Now you can compete.

1 hour ago, Il BuonO said:

I’ve seen this mentioned before but don’t get the thinking. It’s not like a team next year is going to be fooled by a guy going somewhere he thinks will be easier to pitch. If I wanted to establish value I’d consider the AL East. Then, I’d go out and prove it.

MLB has wised up. Peripheral numbers, park adjusted numbers, a lot of information is available.

It’s amazing to me that no one here mentions Arrieta. Out of Arrieta, Darvish, Cobb and Lynn name the only one to pitch the last three years. That’s right. And if Cobb and Lynn are TOR they aren’t an aces. 

And he’s built like a horse. There won’t be questions about him coming to camp out of shape. 

But I’ve doubled all along the 2018 mantra of “We’re going for it.” Arrieta at 1/$20. He’s basically fallen into their lap. Now you can compete.

Jake is not coming here.  

Archived