Mid-Term Grades for OH Top 30

Frobby

BA ranked Tillman #11 in their mid season rankings

Did that include any of this year's draftees? Just curious. I guess it will depend on if anyone ranked below him bumps up. He'd be around #13 for me (without taking too close a look):

1. Wieters

2. Price

3. Heyward

4. Maybin

5. Rasmus

6. Porcello

7. Wood

8. Feliz

9. Snider

10. LaPorta

11. Alvarez

12. Alderson

13. Tillman

14. Fowler

15. Hanson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having a little trouble understanding why Rasmus isn't dropping on any of these lists. From what I understand he was hurt a bit this year, but looking at his stats, there really is not much to like out of him this year. And isn't he playing in the PCL, which is a notorious hitters league as well? Now, I know he is still young and all that, but a top 5 consensus prospect in all of baseball should not be putting up those numbers.

I'm not saying he's still not a big prospect, but wasn't he basically a top 5 last year.....after a big year, well after a poor year statistically, why does he remain at roughly the same spot?

can someone help me out with this one.

I am having a little trouble understanding why Rasmus isn't dropping on any of these lists. From what I understand he was hurt a bit this year, but looking at his stats, there really is not much to like out of him this year. And isn't he playing in the PCL, which is a notorious hitters league as well? Now, I know he is still young and all that, but a top 5 consensus prospect in all of baseball should not be putting up those numbers.

I'm not saying he's still not a big prospect, but wasn't he basically a top 5 last year.....after a big year, well after a poor year statistically, why does he remain at roughly the same spot?

can someone help me out with this one.

If you look at his splits he started off incredibly slow than absolutely raked before getting injured. He's highly developed and has succeeded at AAA already.

If St. Louis had offered Rasmus for Roberts, even up, I'd have been sorely tempted to make the trade. He's really considered that good. He makes our OF the best young group in baseball, allows us to move a subpar defender to DH with Huff moving to 1B to replace Millar when we can't sign Tex.

Sorely tempted.:scratchchinhmm:

I think Snyder deserves a higher grade (B) and Beato's performance was closer to a (D). Health was probably the reason for Beato poor year, but if you are grading a C does not reflect how he pitched IMO.

You misread my grades. You were looking at the midseason grades. I gave Snyder an A- and Beato a D as their final grades. So now I guess you'll think I was too easy on Snyder!

You misread my grades. You were looking at the midseason grades. I gave Snyder an A- and Beato a D as their final grades. So now I guess you'll think I was too easy on Snyder!

Got it. Thanks. When you highlighted the old grade it throw me a bit. Nice post Frobby.

If St. Louis had offered Rasmus for Roberts, even up, I'd have been sorely tempted to make the trade. He's really considered that good. He makes our OF the best young group in baseball, allows us to move a subpar defender to DH with Huff moving to 1B to replace Millar when we can't sign Tex.

Sorely tempted.:scratchchinhmm:

Scott is a good defensive OFer - when healthy. Rasmus reminds me of a poor man's Adam Dunn - offensively - walks a lot - hits for power, poor batting average. I'd be a little (not a lot) concerned that his power was mediocre at best in the PCL. Another year in the minors would likely be appropriate.

Archived