Colby Rasmus (Update: O's sign him to minor league deal)

Going Underground

19 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Am I the only one that think Scott Feldman would be a good addition?  

Lets say you have a MLB rotation to start the season of, 

Bundy, Gausman, Cashner, Tillman, Cortes

Then you have a AAA rotation of possibly, 

Feldman, Asher, Wright, Ynoa. 

Thats the type of depth you need to make it through and MLB season. I know Wright and Ynoa are out of options. But odds are that both wouldn’t be claimed. 

I literally rather set myself on fire than have Feldman back. Remember, he cost us Arrieta and Strop. We don't need that kind of ju-ju back here. ;)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Rasmus interview sounded to me like this is a bit of a lark for him.   You just gotta wonder how much fire in the belly he has for doing this at this stage of his life.   Particularly if he ends up in Norfolk to start the season.  

There is some upside here and no downside, so nothing to worry about. I do wonder what he has left though (mentally & physically) and don't think it's a given he breaks camp with the team.

25 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Rasmus interview sounded to me like this is a bit of a lark for him.   You just gotta wonder how much fire in the belly he has for doing this at this stage of his life.   Particularly if he ends up in Norfolk to start the season.  

My guess is he retires if he doesn't make the team.

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He has more upside for 2018 than Brugman, who we may be able to keep anyway.   

Brugman is a dime a dozen player. We can get David Lough if you want that skill set. Heck, Little Yaz might outproduce him. 

Rasmus has upside. He’s probably a 1.5 dWar player in RF with some pop and speed. We’re a better team after signing him. It might not sound sexy but a Rasmus/Gentry platoon in RF could be really good and versatile. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Brugman is a dime a dozen player. We can get David Lough if you want that skill set. Heck, Little Yaz might outproduce him.

Rasmus has upside. He’s probably a 1.5 dWar player in RF with some pop and speed. We’re a better team after signing him. It might not sound sexy but a Rasmus/Gentry platoon in RF could be really good and versatile.

Lough had more value than Brugman. At least Lough had one tool: he was fast. He could be inserted to pinch-run and maybe attempt to steal a base. You could have played him in center field, conceivably.
You could pinch-run Brugman, though you would not be sending him to steal. He's not a speedy runner. Pinch-running is not going to get Brugman a spot on the roster. You are not playing him in center if you can help it. Maybe an injury in extra innings forces your hand.

5 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Lough had more value than Brugman. At least Lough had one tool: he was fast. He could be inserted to pinch-run and maybe attempt to steal a base. You could have played him in center field, conceivably.
You could pinch-run Brugman, though you would not be sending him to steal. He's not a speedy runner. Pinch-running is not going to get Brugman a spot on the roster. You are not playing him in center if you can help it. Maybe an injury in extra innings forces your hand.

Lough has 16 career stolen bases and 11 caught stealing. He has one tool: defense.

Archived