Colby Rasmus (Update: O's sign him to minor league deal)

Going Underground

Just now, interloper said:

I don't understand what the Rays are doing. If you're rebuilding, just play your prospects. CarGo has no business being on the team when you just let a better play walk on the DFA wire who plays the same position. You only save $2 million and you're not even sure if you're getting anything in return for Dickerson's All-Star season.

Huh??

They are cutting payroll but trying to stay in "If everything goes right we have a shot" range.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They are cutting payroll but trying to stay in "If everything goes right we have a shot" range.

How very Orioles of them, I suppose. But what's $1.95 million? Just keep Dickerson and keep your players happier. I don't really understand. 

23 minutes ago, interloper said:

So you DFA Dickerson with no apparent trade in the works, and then sign a worse player for $1.95 less?

Is not Dickerson left handed? They were all left-handed there. Plus Dickerson can't play much outfield. 

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

How very Orioles of them, I suppose. But what's $1.95 million? Just keep Dickerson and keep your players happier. I don't really understand. 

I suspect Dickerson gets traded this week as well. Maybe with Archer.

26 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Hmmm,   who gets benched for JD Martinez?

Benintendi

Bradley Jr

Betts

Moreland

Han Ram

I guess Hanley?

Hanley and Moreland platoon at 1B. Martinez occasionally plays OF with Bradley getting more days off than the other two, but all getting the occasional day of rest.

5 minutes ago, weams said:

Is not Dickerson left handed? They were all left-handed there. Plus Dickerson can't play much outfield. 

Yeah, he was left-handed and he's been replaced with the left-handed CarGo, who is not much of a fielder himself. I sure hope they have a trade for Dickerson because otherwise this is maybe the dumbest couple of moves I've seen from the Rays, which would be very surprising. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Yeah, he was left-handed and he's been replaced with the left-handed CarGo, who is not much of a fielder himself. I sure hope they have a trade for Dickerson because otherwise this is maybe the dumbest couple of moves I've seen from the Rays, which would be very surprising. 

Carlos Gomez, not Carlos Gonzalez, is a right-handed hitter.  Former Brewer, Met, Ranger, Astro.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Throws, bats right.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/gomezca01.shtml

Archived