What is the O's best defensive outfield?

wildcard

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Just my opinion, but there’s nothing Mullins can do this spring that would put him on the Opening Day roster.   He finished last year in.a major funk and needs to show consistency rather than a good few at bats in spring games.   

I absolutely agree. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, wildcard said:

Rasmus, Jones  and Hays?      Maybe Mullins belongs in there.

If Rasmus is on the Opening Day roster, Hays will not be.
The best outfield defense on Opening Day looks like Mancini/Jones/Rasmus. Santander on the bench. Only four true outfielders to start the year, though they may have a utility infielder who could play outfield in a jam like Flaherty did.

Just now, Beef Supreme said:

The best outfield defense on Opening Day looks like Mancini/Jones/Rasmus. Santander on the bench. Only four true outfielders to start the year, though they may have a utility infielder who could play outfield in a jam like Flaherty did.

Three true outfielders.

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Three true outfielders.

:D

Maybe two.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Bradley and Orsulak were both on the team while Finley was there and started a lot of games.    Finley only made 54 starts in ‘89 and Brady only made 55 in ‘90, so the maximum number of games they could have started together is 109 over two years; it was probably less than half that number, if I had to guess.    But they probably were all out there late in games a few times.  

Finley ran into the wall on Opening Day 1989 and was injured. He missed a couple of weeks in April. Thumb maybe?

Archived