Place yer bets! (aka, the Pete Rose thread)

Moose Milligan

Everything from wins to the amount of times Chris Davis strikes out looking, let's make some friendly wagers (no money, I'm watching you @Frobbyand @Roy Firestone) on the upcoming season.

I will start with team stolen bases.  Last year, the Orioles as a team stole 32 bases.  32!  

I will bet that the Orioles come in UNDER 32 steals this year at 28.  Manny lead the team with 9 steals last year and won't run as much this year due to it being a contract year.   

We didn't see Beckham run much last year but there's no reason to think he's a speed demon on the bases.  Hays doesn't have any steal numbers in the minors to be confident with.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I'll go stupidly bold.

DJ Stewart ends up getting 300 ABs and leads the team in OBP.

Jose Mesa Jr. makes the team as a reliever but gets a few spot starts and ends up with the best K/9 on the team.

Lucas Long ends up getting 50+ innings and has an ERA < 4.00

Bonus Minor League Bets

Zac Lowther adds a tick or two to his velocity and is a top 100 prospect in baseball.

Jomar Reyes finally taps into his raw power in game and is also a top 100 guy.

I think these are bold enough that if I get one right, I'll call it a success.

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Everything from wins to the amount of times Chris Davis strikes out looking, let's make some friendly wagers (no money, I'm watching you @Frobbyand @Roy Firestone) on the upcoming season.

I will start with team stolen bases.  Last year, the Orioles as a team stole 32 bases.  32!  

I will bet that the Orioles come in UNDER 32 steals this year at 28.  Manny lead the team with 9 steals last year and won't run as much this year due to it being a contract year.   

We didn't see Beckham run much last year but there's no reason to think he's a speed demon on the bases.  Hays doesn't have any steal numbers in the minors to be confident with.

Gentry will have 15. 

We’re 12 or more games under .500 at the deadline. DD trades for a mediocre SP and trades away DJ Stewart. We finish the season 15 or more games under .500. We then continue to miss playoffs until the year 2033. In this year, we will be heavy underdogs in a WC game vs the Rangers and we somehow win. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We sign Lynn. Hunter Harvey makes his MLB debut. Mullins is starting somewhere in the MLB OF by season’s end. We trade for Duffy at the deadline. Buck pulls a Peyton Manning and retires after we win it all. 

Buck, Jones, and Machado all end up with statues at OPACY. 

Whew!  I was thinking "moon" when I read Peyton but you walked the high road!

O's set MLB record for K's by hitters not pitchers, unfortunately, but crush multiple moon shots onto Boog's BBQ tent.  Rasmus re-retires, AJ sent packing to SD, Manny to Yanks at deadline, Tilly's struggles continue, webrick walks off the ledge and DD gives no-hit hurler Buchholz a MILB pact.  O's win by nose in last place heat.  (Hmm - does that mean they end  up last or not?)

2 minutes ago, Ripken said:

83-79

Bundy 17 wins

Davis OPS .880

AJ bats .256

Britton pitches well and is moved for a top 100 prospect in July

Trumbo is traded for a 12" meatball sub in August.

If the Orioles will have a comparable winning percentage at the trade deadline, I doubt they will trade Britton. They may be buyers instead. 

Archived