Place yer bets! (aka, the Pete Rose thread)

Moose Milligan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

This is my biggest issue....A GM not operating in the best interest of the club because he's leaving. Not resolving Manny, Schoop etc is reckless imo!

I don't think you understand the issues here....GM has zero reason to suck...zero...now he might well suck, but not because he doesn't have best interest at heart....hell serving his own best interest would serve the team....

Anyway, my 2 cents, all of the following will leave at the end of the season when their contracts expire:

GM (DD), Manager (Buck), Best Player (Manny), Best Reliever (Britton), Team Leader (Adam), Tillman, Brach

Some of the above may exit early

And in the if you can't beat em join em...I'll go $2 on Brady Anderson to become the first GM, Manager, Player in MLB history.

And I'll say playoffs...it's Feb, if you cant get there now....you have no heart. :) 

3 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Trey Mancini hits .298, 33 HRs, and has a WAR of 5.1 and wins a Gold Glove in left field. 

Austin Hays hits .322 and wins ROY honors. 

Lol I love this but why on earth is Trey winning a gold glove?   Did 29 teams get relocated to Saturn?

4 hours ago, MikeAD said:

I would feel pretty comfortable betting on a few key metrics.  No more than 35 steals. No more than 66 wins. No SP will surpass 160 innings or strike outs. 3 players will hit more than 30 HRs. 

You’d be comfortable betting on those?   You’ll be wrong on the 66 wIn and 160 IP props.    See you at the end of the season!

8 hours ago, MikeAD said:

I would feel pretty comfortable betting on a few key metrics.  No more than 35 steals. No more than 66 wins. No SP will surpass 160 innings or strike outs. 3 players will hit more than 30 HRs. 

I'll take the field then. 

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

Mike Fiers led the World Champion Astros in IP last season with 153.1. 

That’s very interesting, but very fluky IMO.    All of Houston’s starters were nicked up at one time or another, it seems.    28, 25, 23, 22, 21 starts.    The year before, the same staff had four pitchers throw at least 168 innings.   

37 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I'm extending a bet challenge to @Luke-OH

If Sisco starts the season in Baltimore over Wynns, when we hit up a Baysox game, beers are on me.

If Wynns starts the season in Baltimore over Sisco, I'll just take some nachos.

What do you say?

Done.

Archived