Welp, are we officially worried about Bundy?

interloper

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, interloper said:

I mean he's going to away games and he crushed a 3 run bomb. I don't see much wrong with his performance so far.

Especially in relation to the other hitters? I don't really understand your point. 

Dylan Bundy has a lot to prove. Is he healthy? Can he be a #1? Can he last a whole season without fizzling out? Going out there and "working on stuff" isn't really something I personally want to see out of the kid. Go out there and light em up, and then let Buck hide you in sim games for the rest of the season where you can tinker with things.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Eh, got a couple walks too. Got froze on a curve today and I'm not mad about that. I'm mad about taking a fastball down the gut, which he hasn't really done yet this spring to my knowledge. One the other day was very borderline.

If Davis hits a 3 run shot for every 7 K's and 12 ABs, I'll gladly take it.

Comparing Chris Davis to Dylan Bundy is kind of a silly exercise anyway.

Just now, interloper said:

Eh, got a couple walks too. Got froze on a curve today and I'm not mad about that. I'm mad about taking a fastball down the gut, which he hasn't really done yet this spring to my knowledge. One the other day was very borderline.

If Davis hits a 3 run shot for every 7 K's and 12 ABs, I'll gladly take it.

Comparing Chris Davis to Dylan Bundy is kind of a silly exercise anyway.

Silly to say something like " You always have to be earning the job.".  It isn't true.  You know it, I know it.  It's a silly exercise.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Silly to say something like " You always have to be earning the job.".  It isn't true.  You know it, I know it.  It's a silly exercise.

I think if you're a young pitcher, you should always be trying to earn your spot. What's wrong with that? I know it's not exactly realistic. But if I'm Dylan Bundy, I would want to impress, not tinker. Don't let anyone question you, not when you haven't carved out a real spot for yourself in the big leagues yet. 

Unlike Davis, you can't find any silver linings in these Bundy stats. Davis at least has a .833 OPS. :)

Archived