Could Davis and Trumbo start the season on the DL?

wildcard

Actually that would improve our team.

I said this from day one. The Davis deal was flat out dumb. When we signed Trumbo I figured he would be the Davis replacement and we'd go ahead and sign a good pitcher or two. But, Angelos was in love with Davis and blew his wad on him. Oh wait, that didn't come out right. xD

Since part of the fabric of Oriole fandom is Lowenstein/Roenicke, I wonder if we could squeeze a little more out of these two in that way assuming enough of our young guys establish themselves the next two years.  Earl says in Weaver on Strategy there are almost no players good at everything, but find ways for guys to do what they can.  Even if the ship has sailed on both being effective regulars, there are steps on the way down.

You guys are crazy for thinking that this team is better without either of these guys.  Davis performing somewhere in the median of his time here with the Orioles and Trumbo at the median of last year and the previous year are better than their currently available replacements.

That said, I didn't like the contract for Davis or Trumbo and the team would be better if they were traded.  If they have to pay their contract the best we can hope for is some regression to the mean.

There is an argument to be made however that the best think for the Orioles would be to drop out as soon as possible to incentivize a sell off.

Just now, Camden_yardbird said:

You guys are crazy for thinking that this team is better without either of these guys.  Davis performing somewhere in the median of his time here with the Orioles and Trumbo at the median of last year and the previous year are better than their currently available replacements.

That said, I didn't like the contract for Davis or Trumbo and the team would be better if they were traded.  If they have to pay their contract the best we can hope for is some regression to the mean.

There is an argument to be made however that the best think for the Orioles would be to drop out as soon as possible to incentivize a sell off.

Davis, I certainly want him in the lineup. Trumbo? I think a Alvarez/Valencia platoon at DH vastly outperforms Trumbo in the same amount of ABs, assuming Trumbo has an average Trumbo year.

Archived