Jake Arrieta to the Phillies - 3/75M

Luke-OH

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

The Phillies wanted a window to negotiate an extension. Unless that's changed, I don't see anything happening.

With Manny this year, they could win a WC IMO. Marlins are going to be epicly bad.

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I predict they will be sorry before it gets to that last year.   Jake really lucked out there. 

I don’t get the Jake hate, I would easily given that to him (he wasn’t coming back here for any sum however).

$75M is a lot but the Phillies has to overpay and they have an absurd amount of money to spend...

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Now if Cobb just signs tomorrow with Milwaukee, we can perhaps move on to Scott Feldman or Anibel. 

I wonder if I spent more time checking websites for Orioles news this off season than the front office did constructing the club.?

1 minute ago, TheBee said:

I wonder if I spent more time checking websites for Orioles news this off season than the front office did constructing the club.?

Duquette’s browser history:

how to block Ryan Flaherty

indeed.com

starting pitching for dummies

7 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I don’t get the Jake hate, I would easily given that to him (he wasn’t coming back here for any sum however).

$75M is a lot but the Phillies has to overpay and they have an absurd amount of money to spend...

No hate...I just think he likely peaked in 2015 and his WAR was 1.9 last year and he is entering 32-34 years...i am glad they have money to burn...they may need it.   

10 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Now if Cobb just signs tomorrow with Milwaukee, we can perhaps move on to Scott Feldman or Anibel. 

Probably. Minnesota won this offseason. To handicap the AL,

1.  Houston- West champs

2.  New York - East Champs

3.  Cleveland - Central Champs

4. Boston - WC1

5. Minnesota - WC2

Angels, Orioles, Rangers, Mariners

Rays, Jays, Royals

A’s, Tigers, White Sox  

5 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I know Philly has a deep system, but who would look good coming back here?

I think Philly is pretty committed to going with J.P. Crawford at short.  And I don’t think Manny is going back to third for anybody. 

Just now, tntoriole said:

I think Philly is pretty committed to going with J.P. Crawford at short.  And I don’t think Manny is going back to third for anybody. 

I don't think Manny is going to make a stink in his walk year.

I think he will be all about doing what is best for the team.

1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

I know Philly has a deep system, but who would look good coming back here?

There are a handful of possible packages. They have Kingery and Crawford as infielders who could headline a deal, both pretty much big league ready so the O's could try and compete in 2019. Sixto Sanchez is their bluechip pitching prospect, he may not be available, but he's a stud. Kilome, Eshelman, Mills, Jojo Romero are other interesting pitchers who couldn't headline but could be a second or third piece. 

Archived