Jake Arrieta to the Phillies - 3/75M

Luke-OH

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

If they were interested early in the offseason, you'd have to imagine that interest is higher now, I mean it makes to much sense. The piece that really makes them a contender now, they have the money, they have the pieces. The Orioles haven't committed to 2018.

Now would the Orioles actually move him, I dunno.

No  I don't think they would. 

36 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I'm sorry, I just wanted to quote getting kicked in my Oriole balls.  His ORIOLE BALLS!!!

I think what you meant to say is You Darvish is glad his agent is not Scott Boras.  But yeah...having a $200M price tag and getting $75M is definitely pulling it out...but I don't think it means what YOU think it means. ;) 

3 years 75 million if he pitches terribly but it is 2 year 55 million if he opts out unless the Phillies extend it to 5 years.   Great contract for 32 year old pitcher with 20 career WAR and 1.9 last year. 

40 minutes ago, atomic said:

3 years 75 million if he pitches terribly but it is 2 year 55 million if he opts out unless the Phillies extend it to 5 years.   Great contract for 32 year old pitcher with 20 career WAR and 1.9 last year. 

Very creative structure.   

Arrieta was never leaving the National League! I'm honestly surprised Lynn did. Lynn has all the makings of being like Jordan Zimmerman. This is why I wanted Cobb all along. I don't think we'll get him, but he was my choice all along because of his success in the AL East.

2 hours ago, Finisher said:

Seems insane to me to give Arrieta twice as much per as Lynn and likely Cobb.

Wish you could bet on guys not living up to their contracts; would bet hard against Jake. High probability of injury/continued regression.

Why?

12 hours ago, atomic said:

It is as Frobby notes below a very very creative deal.  And it is no doubt a tremendous sum of money.  But it is not a $200M contract that Boras claimed he was worth.  We agree though...I think it is a GREAT deal, even though there is still risk....for the Phillies.

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

Very creative structure.   

Absolutely.

9 hours ago, O's84 said:

McPhail doing some wining and dinning.

He made the WOW offer.

Archived