Remaining Free agents Orioles Might Be interested In

section18

As of 5:30 PM today March 12, 2018 the following players are still available;

Will the Orioles pursue any of these players?

Pitchers - Alex Cobb, Clay Buchholz, Trevor Cahill, John Lackey, Joe Blanton, R.A. Dickey, Matt Garza and Scott Feldman

Position Players - Melky Cabrera, Chris Coghlan, Stephen Drew,  Yunel Escobar,  Matt Holliday, Mark Reynolds, Geovany Soto and Jayson Werth.

If they can't get Cobb I guess we need to consider John Lackey, Clay Buchholz, Trevor Cahill and ?  or Trade for Archer? McHugh?

Are any of these position players needed? Stephen Drew for left handed utility infielder?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tommy Joesph just got DFA’d by the Phillies. 

Of course we should get Cobb, but we really need a guy like Feldman or Garza to prevent this season for depth. 

Holliday or Werth would be good get OBP DH bats but where would they play?  

Sisco’s good ST has lessened our need for a LH bat IMO. 

Pass on Werth.  I'm OK with Rasmus as the large part of a platoon in RF.  There are promising options on the horizon too, especially Santander.

Same with the UTIL - Valencia fills that role since Beckham can cover SS/2B.

Cobb is the only FA left I really want.  Feldman maybe on a minor league - STI deal as the long relief / 6th SP role.

A trade for McHugh would be lovely but he is not a FA; hence, trade.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Tommy Joesph just got DFA’d by the Phillies. 

Of course we should get Cobb, but we really need a guy like Feldman or Garza to prevent this season for depth. 

Holliday or Werth would be good get OBP DH bats but where would they play?  

Sisco’s good ST has lessened our need for a LH bat IMO. 

Garza is injured.

i like Werth, but I'd rather see what Santander, Rasmus, Hays, and Valencia can give you in RF.

14 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Pass on Werth.  I'm OK with Rasmus as the large part of a platoon in RF.  There are promising options on the horizon too, especially Santander.

Same with the UTIL - Valencia fills that role since Beckham can cover SS/2B.

Cobb is the only FA left I really want.  Feldman maybe on a minor league - STI deal as the long relief / 6th SP role.

A trade for McHugh would be lovely but he is not a FA; hence, trade.

This is basically where I'm at.  Feldman on a minor league deal would be awesome but doubt he agrees to that.  He'll probably want a million or two or three to guaranteed to pitch at Camden.

32 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

To get Cobb, or not to get Cobb ........ everything else seems relatively trivial in comparison.

o

From MLB Trade Rumors >>>>>Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel tweets that he doesn’t expect Milwaukee to make a play for Cobb unless his asking price drops further.

If Trevor Rosenthal were healthy, I would sign him and Cahill and go with a 4-man rotation. Wright and Cahill in long relief until/if they have to swap with #4Tillman.

But there is no reliever available who would be worth that strategy except for (maybe) Greg Holland, but he costs the draft pick. Might not be willing to lose the pick for Holland.

Archived