John Angelos and Brady taking over? (note on Boras as well)

O's are Legends

2 hours ago, Bradysburns said:

No way of knowing for sure, of course. But Davis had all the signs of PA's involvement... He was a known PA "favorite"... And it has echoes of the past, like when Pat Gillick wanted to trade away vets, but was forced to keep them all around... and then we had a great year. I suspect PA has held onto that memory as evidence of his baseball genius... 

I agree that PA was involved. What I was really trying to suggest is that John has been heavily involved for years, probably more so over the last ten or so. I think we are seeing an organization already heavily influenced by him. I don’t foresee dramatic changes if he became the senior Angelos. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I agree that PA was involved. What I was really trying to suggest is that John has been heavily involved for years, probably more so over the last ten or so. I think we are seeing an organization already heavily influenced by him. I don’t foresee dramatic changes if he became the senior Angelos. 

I hope you're wrong, of course. I would like to see us focus more on our farm system and in particular, international signings, etc. We need to have a pipeline from the Caribbean and Latin America in general to remain competitive. I am fairly sure that PA is the one with the major problem with the LatAm recruiting scene. 

I remember listening to a lengthy interview with John Angelos online (probably posted here).  He sounds like he has much more baseball intelligence than his dad.  Hopefully, if he takes over, he will just listen to the O's baseball people. 

I'm worried that Brady will continue in his present "role" when DD leaves.  Brady needs to either step up and be GM or leave.  No more special advisors to the owner.

15 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I remember listening to a lengthy interview with John Angelos online (probably posted here).  He sounds like he has much more baseball intelligence than his dad.  Hopefully, if he takes over, he will just listen to the O's baseball people. 

I'm worried that Brady will continue in his present "role" when DD leaves.  Brady needs to either step up and be GM or leave.  No more special advisors to the owner.

It seems as if he is already "stepping up". I'm starting to believe the hype that he has more power than DD. Would not surprise me one but if he's the Orioles GM once the season comes to it's conclusion.

• 3 months later...

Brady Anderson is clearly the BMOC (Big man on Camden)

Rosenthal

One industry person familiar with the Orioles’ operation says any club negotiating with Duquette also will need to be in contact with Brady Anderson, the team’s VP of baseball operations. Anderson exerts considerable influence within the organization, working closely with the sons of owner Peter Angelos, John and Lou.

On 3/13/2018 at 4:05 PM, Frobby said:

Very interesting.    This organization is such a mess.    So maybe Brady doesn’t want the GM job, but who else will want it knowing Brady is always looking over his shoulder and popping in and out at will?

Yes, Brady’s position would be like if I was similarly tied to Angelos...I would just pop in, give my two cents based on my strong, insightful impressions formed in the game thread, and then hit the beach...and expect that Angelos would do what I say. 

Archived