Brian Roberts and Fred Manfra to Be Inducted Into the Orioles Hall-of-Fame

OFFNY

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

Roberts and Manfra Elected to Orioles Hall-of-Fame

(By Roch Kubatko)

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/03/roberts-and-manfra-elected-to-orioles-hall-of-fame.html

o

o

The induction ceremony will take place on August 11th, prior to a game against the Red Sox.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/976813754267701248

o

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm kinda bummed that Manfra retired.  One thing on the bucket list was to listen to a game with @Frobby and watch him go crazy when Manfra made him think it was a lazy fly ball but really it was a 450 foot bomb. :) 

And also, the complete opposite when it's an Oriole at the plate. 

33 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm kinda bummed that Manfra retired.  One thing on the bucket list was to listen to a game with @Frobby and watch him go crazy when Manfra made him think it was a lazy fly ball but really it was a 450 foot bomb. :) 

Or vice versa! Both Fred and Joe Angel must be blind as a bat. :P

• 2 months later...

Not sure where I was when this was announced, just heard about it on the broadcast.    I’m really pleased for BRob.    His career ended on a sour note, but in his prime he was the best leadoff hitter we’ve had in the last 20 years.    I miss having a guy like that atop the order.   

I’m pleased for Fred because he’s a good guy, though I wasn’t a fan of his announcing.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Not sure where I was when this was announced, just heard about it on the broadcast.    I’m really pleased for BRob.    His career ended on a sour note, but in his prime he was the best leadoff hitter we’ve had in the last 20 years.    I miss having a guy like that atop the order.   

I’m pleased for Fred because he’s a good guy, though I wasn’t a fan of his announcing.   

Nice to see they are not holding players PED use against them.

Maybe Raffy can get in?

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We agree! Manfra seems like such a nice man but terrible at play by Play.

11 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

We agree! Manfra seems like such a nice man but terrible at play by Play.

Yeah.   I didn’t mind him as Joe Angel’s foil doing color, but his PBP was a mess.    

Archived