This team needs to start acting like they care.

amdcpus

19 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Frank, trust me ........ I was looking directly at his face when the camera was on him, and his expressions was as smug as smug can be.

I couldn't believe it. It was as clear as day that he was/is pleased with the fact that he is making the league minimum salary while pitching badly, and that he cares nothing about the results.  

I mean, get a load of his picture while he playing for the Advanced-A Tampa Yankees last year. Are you going to tell me that that look isn't smug ???

3d93f3b9_milb.jpg

o

Optical illusion. Yankee pinstripes make everybody look smug. The team pays extra for that. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Optical illusion. Yankee pinstripes make everybody look smug. The team pays extra for that. 

Yeah, but it got so bad for Girardi, though,  that he became a caricature, and they were forced to release him to practice humility on tv....

On 4/4/2018 at 3:11 AM, maybenxtyr said:

You should go into your place of employment and show them how much you "care". Just start flipping desks and such.

Right...it does sound like a good idea.

oh, I dream of this daily

22 hours ago, amdcpus said:

So now I have anger management issues for simply wanting to see some passion from this team and an inkling that they care. OK....

I decidedly did not say that you have anger management issues.  Your post called for action that displayed classic am issues...I simply said if you thought the the actions you called for were ok....well you made your own leap.

You are blowing off steam and no one is happy with 4 straight losses following a walk off on opening day.  I don't have an issue with you or your post really.  We all want to see something different on the field.  Just personally think the stereotypical testosterone filled rage you called for skips over the point that you are implying these guys dont care.

I think they do, just as you and a I do.  Let's hope we get turned around soon.  

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

Yeah, but it got so bad for Girardi, though,  that he became a caricature, and they were forced to release him to practice humility on tv....

TV is such a good place to practice humility.  Natural, organic... uncluttered by noise and competing egos.  Joe will be just fine in a couple of decades.

;)

10 hours ago, amdcpus said:

What? Everything I described is commonplace in baseball when someone is showing passion for the game, and upset that they haven't been doing well.

So, you were a fan of Ortiz and his antics?

On 4/4/2018 at 11:55 AM, Beef Supreme said:

This is just stupidity. The vapid machismo of destroying inanimate objects is no reflection of caring. If you crave those antics, fo watch a baseball movie.

You appear to thrive on provoking the mostly even-keeled participants on OH. So, what was your screen name before your last persona was banned is the only question I have remaining about you.

o

There was once an OH poster (now banned) named calmunderfire.

He started one thread in regard to a player for one of the Orioles' rival teams (the Blue Jays) who got punched in the face by a Rangers player during an altercation on the field that year. In that thread, he professed that Rougned Odor should have legal action taken against him for assaulting Jose Bautista, and was perplexed why he wasn't charged with such.

Then he went to the other other extreme 3 weeks later, starting a thread in which he asserted that the Orioles were a bunch of (feminine sexual slur) for not retaliating enough in the proverbial beanball wars with other teams

So he went from Mahatma Gandhi in one thread on behalf of a player for a rival team of the Orioles to being a bloodthirsty tyrant that was calling the Orioles a bunch of (feminine sexual slur) for being what he perceived as too passive in another thread.

calmunderfire was obviously trolling the OH posters any possible way that he could. I'm not sure if this is the same person, but they definitely have some striking similarities.

o

o

9 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

There was once an OH poster (now banned) named calmunderfire.

He started one thread in regard to a player for one of the Orioles' rival teams (the Blue Jays) who got punched in the face by a Rangers player during an altercation on the field that year. In that thread, he professed that Roughned Odor should have legal action taken against him for assaulting Jose Bautista, and was perplexed why he wasn't.

Interesting article on this topic in Fangraphs this week:  https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-law-of-the-basebrawler/

As to calmunderfire, he had perhaps the most ironic screen name ever concocted, given his personality.   

11 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I have my money on either JTrea or Cumerbundy.

I have no issue with them not going all Ortiz on equipment. If they have it pent up inside and it explodes into an offensive outburst (like it almost did last night), then so be it. 

The worst thing would be for batters to get mad and start trying to crush everything and they turn into a team of Chris Davis's or pitchers to overthrow and turn into Rick Ankiels.

o

They could also prematurely end their careers by giving themselves a chronic concussion by hitting themselves in the head with a bat.

o

Whenever the O's lose, to show my passion, I trash my family room, breaking up the couch, throwing the TV through the window. This way my my neighbors know I care! The next day I buy new stuff that lasts until the next loss......this week has been quite expensive! 

I actually get extremely angry when things go wrong in an Orioles game I’m watching or listening to or following on my phone.    My wife often won’t watch with me because I get so upset.    But it’s all in the moment.   When it’s over, I’m pretty calm about it.     I don’t need to see the team breaking furniture to show they care.    

Archived