Cortes is DFA'd, Ramirez brought up

Tony-OH

It was a good idea to try and get a long man as a lefty, but Cortes just wasn't the answer. Maybe it's the way the orioles used him, but I didn't see an out pitch and his command was just awful. I don't think much of Yelfi Ramirez but he's only here until Cobb is activated or until he's used up. 

Unless the Orioles make a move from outside the organization, this probably means Wright will go to the pen when Cobb is activated.

It’s disappointing that Cortes didn’t perform better; I was really rooting for him to succeed.    I hope he succeeds in the future, but I’m comfortable with the decision to DFA him.    I’m guessing no other team will claim him, and the Yankees will buy him back for $50 k.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It was a good idea to try and get a long man as a lefty, but Cortes just wasn't the answer. Maybe it's the way the orioles used him, but I didn't see an out pitch and his command was just awful. I don't think much of Yelfi Ramirez but he's only here until Cobb is activated or until he's used up. 

Unless the Orioles make a move from outside the organization, this probably means Wright will go to the pen when Cobb is activated.

o

A) ll Dylan Bundy went 7 innings yesterday.

B) ll In addition to Bundy's long outing yesterday, the Orioles get an extra pitching arm on their roster in Ramirez (who has not pitched since a 4-inning stint on April 6th.)

A good deal all around, and just what the doctor ordered for the Orioles' much-used bullpen at-large ........ so Bundy's solid outing yesterday was not necessarily wasted, in spite of the fact that the Orioles lost the game.

o

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s disappointing that Cortes didn’t perform better; I was really rooting for him to succeed.    I hope he succeeds in the future, but I’m comfortable with the decision to DFA him.    I’m guessing no other team will claim him, and the Yankees will buy him back for $50 k.

I'm with you. I was all in on the guy, but it looks like I'm no scout.

52 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wright was sitting in the pen last night. Don’t know if everyone was watching on tv. 

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Wright was sitting in the pen last night. Don’t know if everyone was watching on tv. 

Yeah, you gotta imagine Tillman is getting the start Friday and Wright will stay in the pen. That still doesn't solve our Tillman problem. Hopefully Hess will continue to throw well in AAA and become an option.

• Upvote 1