Padres DFA The OH Heartthrob: Chase Headley

Rene88

3 hours ago, Superbee83 said:

I'd pass even if he clears waivers. ( His salary for 2018 is 13 million according to sporttrac)

This team is going nowhere and I don't see where Headley has any real future with this club.

You win the internet. 13 million prorated is about 9.5 now. 2018 Orioles=NOTWINNERS

4 hours ago, atomic said:

You don't pay him 13 million if he clears waivers.  I know no reason not to get him if he improves the defense. 

I understand that you don't pay Headley the salary if he is released.

I listed the salary for those who want to trade for him.

If the Orioles acquired Headley they may very well have the worst offensive corner duo in baseball history.

Davis is slashing .170/.253/.274 and Headley is slashing a robust .155/.233/.368 with 0 home runs.

That's another reason not to get him. Let Peterson and Valencia keep the position warm until Beckham gets back or the Orioles 

acquire a real thirbaseman when they deal Mqachado.

21 minutes ago, Superbee83 said:

I understand that you don't pay Headley the salary if he is released.

I listed the salary for those who want to trade for him.

If the Orioles acquired Headley they may very well have the worst offensive corner duo in baseball history.

Davis is slashing .170/.253/.274 and Headley is slashing a robust .155/.233/.368 with 0 home runs.

That's another reason not to get him. Let Peterson and Valencia keep the position warm until Beckham gets back or the Orioles 

acquire a real thirbaseman when they deal Mqachado.

But he, like Jace, is an ex-NYY!  :leaving:

Archived