O's 6-4 since Schoop's return

wildcard

Schoop has 3 homers, 10 RBI and a 835 OPS in his last 10 games.   

Other changes have also occurred.  Trumbo is back.  Tillman is on the DL.   Hess made a start before returning to AAA.

And the team may get better on Sunday with the return O'Day and the possible call up of Hess.

It will not change the fact that the O's are probably going to trade Manny by the end of July and maybe others. 

But its good to see them play better.  Last night's game kept me on the edge of my seat playing against a good team.  With a good ending.  That has not happened in a while.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Other changes have also occurred.  Trumbo is back.  Tillman is on the DL.   Hess made a start before returning to AAA.

And the team may get better on Sunday with the return O'Day and the possible call up of Hess.

It will not change the fact that the O's are probably going to trade Manny by the end of July and maybe others. 

But its good to see them play better.  Last night's game kept me on the edge of my seat playing against a good team.  With a good ending.  That has not happened in a while.

Tillman on the DL has inspired us. 

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

I'd trade Manny in a heart beat. If I was the FO I would extend Schoop. I think he'd be the player to build around for the future. 

3 hours ago, atomic said:

They can get better by moving Chris Davis to DL.  Move Mancini to first base.  Keep Trumbo at DH and move Jones to left.  Then release Wright.  

AJ should be in RF. Agree with you on Mancini and Davis. Yes Trumbo to DH.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

They’re definitely a better team with Schoop and Trumbo back and both hitting well.    Unfortunately, it’s too late to matter.    They’re buried.   

Yep. A .600 pace for the rest of the season would only get them to 85 wins.

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

Schoop has 3 homers, 10 RBI's,  and an .835 OPS in his last 10 games.   

Other changes have also occurred. Trumbo is back. Tillman is on the DL. Hess made a start before returning to AAA.

And the team may get better on Sunday, with the return O'Day and the possible call up of Hess.

It will not change the fact that the Oriole are probably going to trade Manny by the end of July, and maybe others. 

But it's good to see them play better. Last night's game kept me on the edge of my seat, playing in a competitive fashion against a good team ...... and it had a good ending. That has not happened in a while.

o

Alex Cobb took what I expected him to take (between 3 and 5 starts) to start pitching like I expected him to.

Zach Britton is expected to come back in June, which should give the bullpen a major shot in the arm.

The horrible start to the 2018 season (which occurred for multiple reasons) has done to this Orioles team what was done to the 2017 Blue Jays, who started that season at 10-20 in their first 30 games and never completely recovered. 

As I stated before, the Orioles' start to the last 2 seasons (2017 and 2018) have fit this particular saying to a tee ........ You're not as good as you think you are when things are going well, and you're never as bad as you look when you are doing badly ........ The 2017 Orioles were not as good as we thought they were when they started that season at 22-10, and the 2018 Orioles are not as bad as they looked when they started their season at 8-27.

o

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

They are winning at a 20% clip versus Boston...

40% against Tampa...

A whopping 66% against KC though.

In the last 10 game, which is what we are talking about, they are .500 vs the Red Sox.  Look at the title of the thread.

Archived