Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

foxfield

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Ill tell you, there are MANY quality players on this team:Manny, Schoop, Mancini, Jones,Bundy, Gausman, Cashner, Cobb, Britton, Trumbo...we have the players to be competitive,we dont have a lot of health...or money to pay all of them..so your theory about only 4 being claimed is not even close to true...

Trumbo????

4 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Ill tell you, there are MANY quality players on this team:Manny, Schoop, Mancini, Jones,Bundy, Gausman, Cashner, Cobb, Britton, Trumbo...we have the players to be competitive,we dont have a lot of health...or money to pay all of them..so your theory about only 4 being claimed is not even close to true...

Only 2 of the guys you mentioned were in the starting  lineup today. 

11 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

What team would claim Trumbo?  What team would claim Britton?  Would a team claim Cobb?  I'm not sure honestly how big an impact the pick had but I do think that if the O's got him no one else wants that contact.

14 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I agree on all points. Question: would that be Manny and Davis for 20 cents on the dollar return?

I doubt anyone takes Davis if was Manny and Davis for a PTBNL. I'm thinking more like Manny and Trumbo/Oday for a lesser return. I'd still want a good player, but obviously not the 2 or 3 we hope for or the 3-5 we would have gotten last year.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

I doubt anyone takes Davis if was Manny and Davis for a PTBNL. I'm thinking more like Manny and Trumbo/Oday for a lesser return. I'd still want a good player, but obviously not the 2 or 3 we hope for or the 3-5 we would have gotten last year.

Right, no way anyone takes the entirety of the Davis contract on for 80% of a season of Manny.

Ten days ago I was of the mind that Buck's job was safe until at least the All-star break and likely for the entirety of the season.  Now I'm not so sure.  This team is just "toast"!!  I'm talkin' REALLY BAD.  Somebody has to take the fall.  Most often that person is the Manager.  Sad, but that's how it works.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’d have to play better than 56-81 to not lose 100. 

We can’t win a game right now. We have an impending fire sale. I’d say we have a 50/50 chance. And with the first pick in the 2019 mlb draft the Baltimore Orioles select....

The Royals and Reds both have worse records than we do right now. In today's "tank it" environment, losing 100 games is no guarantee of getting the first pick. Lots of teams are playing to lose.

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

The Royals and Reds both have worse records than we do right now. In today's "tank it" environment, losing 100 games is no guarantee of getting the first pick. Lots of teams are playing to lose.

I think it's more likely Buck says, "I'm ready to move into the front office. Let's start thinking about who the next manager should be, and when we should make the change. I think J.J. Hardy [or insert another name] would make a heckuva manager."

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

I think it's more likely Buck says, "I'm ready to move into the front office. Let's start thinking about who the next manager should be, and when we should make the change. I think J.J. Hardy [or insert another name] would make a heckuva manager."

I think Buck would be a lousy GM.

Archived