Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

foxfield

3 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

I think it's more likely Buck says, "I'm ready to move into the front office. Let's start thinking about who the next manager should be, and when we should make the change. I think J.J. Hardy [or insert another name] would make a heckuva manager."

I think Angelos moves  Brady to GM. 

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

They are a .500 club that is missing some pieces, and waiting on Cobb to get it together.

o

I think so too, and with my orange-colored glasses, I think that they may actually be an above .500 team once Cobb settles in and the team manages to actually win a few games to get off of this awful losing schneid that they are currently on.

I think that the saying "You're not as good as you think you are when things are going well, and you're never as bad as you look when you are in a slump" definitely applies to this team over the past two seasons ........ the Orioles were not as good as we thought they were when they started the 2017 season at 22-10, and they are not as bad as they look now in this current 6-19 start to the 2018 season.

My assertion/claim may appear as though I am trying to make a deal with Mr. Rourke on Fantasy Island, but I would not be shocked to see the Orioles manage to climb back to (at least) reasonable respectability by season's end.

o

24 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

They are a .500 club missing some pieces and waiting on Cobb to get it together.

If they had a league average 1B, 3B, CF, RF, and catcher they might be .500, but they have are way below league average at all of those positions

27 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

IF Brady wants that position, I think it will be his.

My only hope is that they find a guy from a successful organization to come in and help him out. 

That would be great, but I'm not expecting anything that reasonable.

For me, that's hope #3. Hope #1 is that there's a new owner looking for a smart, young (but experienced) person who understands how to build a winning baseball team. Hope #2 is that John and/or Lou Angelos looks around MLB, realizes that neither Brady Anderson nor Buck Showalter is the right person to head up an organization, conducts a successful search for a GM from outside the organization, and convinces candidates that they are in charge and will be running things differently from Pop Angelos.

Not holding out a lot of hope for any of the above.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

That would be great, but I'm not expecting anything that reasonable.

For me, that's hope #3. Hope #1 is that there's a new owner looking for a smart, young (but experienced) person who understands how to build a winning baseball team. Hope #2 is that John and/or Lou Angelos looks around MLB, realizes that neither Brady Anderson nor Buck Showalter is the right person to head up an organization, conducts a successful search for a GM from outside the organization, and convinces candidates that they are in charge and will be running things differently from Pop Angelos.

Not holding out a lot of hope for any of the above.

I am 100% on board with what you want.   Would love to see the sons clean house, to a certain extent, and start over with a young guy from an organization that knows what they are doing.  Give him/her full reign and a budget.  Obviously, they would still have final say, but they would give this executive some autonomy.

I'm also thinking you are correct in that it's a moo(t) point and Brady will take over.

On 4/27/2018 at 10:36 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(APRIL 27th)

In his last 2 starts, Tillman has resembled a Major League pitcher.

o

o

Tonight against the Angels, he did not.

o

As bad as he was tonight, I would be absolutely shocked if they cut ties with him now.  That last start bought him another month, at least.  

There are very few options in Norfolk.  David Hess I guess.  But he's only had five or six starts in Triple A. 

Archived