Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

foxfield

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hmm, I honestly have to say I don't know. I'd have to know who is going to make that decision first and I'm not sure that is clear. I get the feeling Peter Angelos is hoping to be able to have his head placed on another body in the hopes of living forever and still make the final calls. But I don't know that for sure. ;)

Tony, there have been reports about Peter from Nick Cafardo and others that say he is not in the best of health, have you heard similar things? 

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Deadwood Fan said:

Tony, there have been reports about Peter from Nick Cafardo and others that say he is not in the best of health, have you heard similar things? 

Yes, that's why in my piece I mentioned that he's not part of the day in day out running of the club any longer.

• 2 months later...

I think it's safe to say the O's aren't MLB's most inept team right now. If there were weekly rankings for worst run teams in MLB like they have top 25 rankings for college sports, the Mets would take the #1 spot.

But there is no reason to have faith anymore. The light is completely out.

This organization has completely, unequivocally, wasted its championship window, and there is no turnaround on the horizon. This is not the result of bad luck, or an organizational strategy to “build around pitching,” or anything else: it is the result of a mid-market payroll that was spent terribly by meddling owners who prioritize profit over winning. It is the result of a mostly-complacent media that allows the organization to skate by while heaping blame on a first-year manager or a GM who was recently re-diagnosed with cancer. This isn’t a fluke, it is the design, from an organization so tone deaf that Jeff Wilpon literally said last week that the three interim GMs have to run all decisions through him.

Sounds all too familiar.

There Was a Light and It Has Gone Out

Isn’t Alderson being treated for cancer or something? I don’t think he’s the greatest GM, but he certainly isn’t incompetent.

Looking further I found this:

In his place, the team will be led by three executives: John Ricco, the longtime assistant general manager; the special assistant J.P. Ricciardi, a former general manager in Toronto; and Omar Minaya, Alderson’s predecessor as general manager who is now a special assistant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/06/26/sports/sandy-alderson-mets.amp.html

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The fact that my favorite baseball team and football team can make a claim to this title is #@$%ing infuriating. 

I have nothing to look forward to.

o

My 2nd-favorite baseball team is the White Sox ........ that is who I have to fall back on this season.

I have a ticket to see them play at Yankee Stadium in late August.

o

Archived