Buck losing the Clubhouse?

Deadwood Fan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, joelala said:

This has to be his last year in the dugout with us.  It's just not working.  On pretty much all levels.  And I think the Davis and Tillman, and Ubaldo situation the last two years are cause of any and all influence he's lost in the clubhouse, more-so than the one time ill-fated Ubaldo playoff incident.  A manager's first duty, is to put his team in the best position to win each and every game, and by playing these guys over and over and over, despite very large sample sizes that indicate they are below average major league players is a violation of that first duty.

I appreciate all he did here to bring some winning back to Baltimore, but it's over and he's worn out his welcome.

How much of that is Buck, and how much of that is ownership and/or other high-placed officials forcing him to keep playing those guys?  Problem is, we don't know.

11 minutes ago, joelala said:

This has to be his last year in the dugout with us.  It's just not working.  On pretty much all levels.  And I think the Davis and Tillman, and Ubaldo situation the last two years are cause of any and all influence he's lost in the clubhouse, more-so than the one time ill-fated Ubaldo playoff incident.  A manager's first duty, is to put his team in the best position to win each and every game, and by playing these guys over and over and over, despite very large sample sizes that indicate they are below average major league players is a violation of that first duty.

I appreciate all he did here to bring some winning back to Baltimore, but it's over and he's worn out his welcome.

Buck is in charge of a team where he has tremendous say over player personnel. He has tremendous say over the coaches. He's in charge of a team with a pretty decent payroll. He has one of the best players in the league, an All-Star second baseman, his hand-picked power hitters, a decent enough starting rotation, and a bullpen with depth.

At a certain point, responsibility for the O's being a bad team the past two years has to fall on him. He's not getting it done. It's not like he's presiding over a rebuild, this is a team with the intention to compete the last two years.

7 minutes ago, theocean said:

Buck is in charge of a team where he has tremendous say over player personnel. He has tremendous say over the coaches. He's in charge of a team with a pretty decent payroll. He has one of the best players in the league, an All-Star second baseman, his hand-picked power hitters, a decent enough starting rotation, and a bullpen with depth.

At a certain point, responsibility for the O's being a bad team the past two years has to fall on him. He's not getting it done. It's not like he's presiding over a rebuild, this is a team with the intention to compete the last two years.

Precisely.  He has failed on all levels at this point. 

1 hour ago, Deadwood Fan said:

Jerry Coleman of 105.7 the fan has been told by multiple people that the player's aren't completely behind Buck and are pointing fingers at him. 

They should have fired him early in the season when there was a chance for a turnaround.   

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it would be kind of hilarious if the same vets Buck has been catering to are the ones throwing him under the bus.

Doubly hilarious if Chris Davis is one of them.

Jon Meoli in the Sun said something along these lines in an article a few weeks ago.But his take was also the players should take a look in the mirror and be held accountable and not blame everyone else.

Weird to hear not everything is so joyous in Orioleland  I hear on the TV that everyone is pulling for each other and that the Oriole coaches and players are the hardest working in the majors.I am at a crossroads of who to believe .

12 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Weird to hear not everything is so joyous in Orioleland  I hear on the TV that everyone is pulling for each other and that the Oriole coaches and players are the hardest working in the majors.I am at a crossroads of who to believe .

This is a masterpiece of sarcasm.  

12 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Jon Meoli in the Sun said something along these lines in an article a few weeks ago.But his take was also the players should take a look in the mirror and be held accountable and not blame everyone else.

I am guessing not too many 14 - 32 teams are joyous.  Machado is probably pretty happy as he is counting the days  until to he gets an outrageous contract that somewhere down the road some other team will regret.  The other players are probably not too happy. 

Just now, atomic said:

I am guessing not too many 14 - 32 teams are joyous.  Machado is probably pretty happy as he is counting the days  until to he gets an outrageous contract that somewhere down the road some other team will regret.  The other players are probably not too happy. 

Schoop is pretty happy that he has like eight months to come up with an excuse to ditch next year's fanfest.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Schoop is pretty happy that he has like eight months to come up with an excuse to ditch next year's fanfest.

I am going with the  Manny's brothers wife's aunt is pregnant and is due any minute.Manny and me are close and I need to be in the delivery room for moral support.

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I am going with the  Manny's brothers wife's aunt is pregnant and is due any minute.Manny and me are close and I need to be in the delivery room for moral support.

I saw on Twitter that I was traded to the Marlins so I was down in Miami trying to find their fan fest, since I know how important these things are.

Archived