Buck losing the Clubhouse?

Deadwood Fan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, you are a very detached and ironic kind of fan.    I really hate seeing the guys who were centerpieces of the team’s success now be such a big part of its failure.    

Tillman and Davis losing confidence in the erstwhile savior of the Orioles.  Prince Brady lurking in the corners of the clubhouse, scheming.  Duquette pacing the ramparts of Elsinore...err..Warehouse isolated and alone.  And now failure that has to be as much moral as factual.  CoC might be detached and ironic, but not me man.  Where's Shakespeare when you need him?  I'll bet he's turning in his grave over such a lost opportunity.

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

Tillman and Davis losing confidence in the erstwhile savior of the Orioles.  Prince Brady lurking in the corners of the clubhouse, scheming.  Duquette pacing the ramparts of Elsinore...err..Warehouse isolated and alone.  And now failure that has to be as much moral as factual.  CoC might be detached and ironic, but not me man.  Where's Shakespeare when you need him?  I'll bet he's turning in his grave over such a lost opportunity.

Wooden hangers and all. I do not believe cimota one bit about who Brady is as a person. 

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

I think Frobby meant detached in a very specific way.

6 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Manny is probably upset by the poor defense we've seen at shortstop this season and Jones is upset about the lack of production from the center fielder.

In Jones' defense, (as a batter) he appears to have run into some colossally bad luck with regard to balls in play.  The vast majority of his batted ball and plate discipline peripherals are the among the best ever recorded for him despite his bad results.

We won't talk about his outfield defense...

6 hours ago, esmd said:

How much of that is Buck, and how much of that is ownership and/or other high-placed officials forcing him to keep playing those guys?  Problem is, we don't know.

If someone else has been writing the lineup card for him, he should have quit a long time ago. He's at fault either way.

13 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

If someone else has been writing the lineup card for him, he should have quit a long time ago. He's at fault either way.

I'd hate to be pissing on the wrong persons foot. We have no idea who is calling the shots in the background. Personally I think it's Angelos.,

2 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Demoting Joseph was a curious move. Was Caleb a problem? Are Bundy and Gausman bleeped off? 

Well, one thing I remembered earlier...

Remember Bundy's dumpster fire game against the Royals? After the game, Caleb hinted that Bundy was dealing with something. Almost immediately, every Oriole writer and Buck jumped right up to say that Bundy was healthy, even giving us his FitBit steps for the following day.

Maybe it rattled some cages and Joseph, with his low average, was am easy choice to send out. @Tony-OH had also pointed out that Joseph was trending up at the plate at that point too.

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Remember Bundy's dumpster fire game against the Royals? After the game, Caleb hinted that Bundy was dealing with something. Almost immediately, every Oriole writer and Buck jumped right up to say that Bundy was healthy, even giving us his FitBit steps for the following day.

Maybe it rattled some cages and Joseph, with his low average, was am easy choice to send out. @Tony-OH had also pointed out that Joseph was trending up at the plate at that point too.

Pretty interesting...

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Why is Celeb the bad guy for saying that? (I know you may not agree) just trying to understand. Is it just keeping things “in house”?

I've had my criticisms of Buck. But it's even more annoying when players being paid millions start pointing the finger when they aren't doing their job. Jones seems to be the self appointed leader, then lead. He can start by playing better himself. I'm  actually ready for this core to be gone. 

8 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Why is Celeb the bad guy for saying that? (I know you may not agree) just trying to understand. Is it just keeping things “in house”?

I also thought it was implied Buck knew something was up with Bundy before the start. I remember questions of why did buck let him go out there then.

12 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I've had my criticisms of Buck. But it's even more annoying when players being paid millions start pointing the finger when they aren't doing their job. Jones seems to be the self appointed leader, then lead. He can start by playing better himself. I'm  actually ready for this core to be gone. 

Jones has actually been a lot better with the bat of late.  Last 14 days 333/360/563.  He still isn't walking of course.  He's got a while before he can dig himself out of the hole he's in but it is progress.

Archived