Yankees have too many good young players

OriolesMagic83

The Yankees had to send Torreyes (Ronald not Gleyber (sp?) their last names are slightly different) to the minors to make room for Bird.  Torreyes was hitting .339 in limited action. The Yankees have so many good young players they don't have room for all of them in the majors.  The other player considered for demation was Tyler Austin who had 23 RBI in 29 games.  Either of these players would be better than most of the O's hitters except for Manny and probably Mancini.  I wouldn't mind the O's targeting Torreyes in a trade.  What is his upside?  Clint Frazier is another prospect that seems blocked because the Yankees have too many outfielders.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23612913/new-york-yankees-activated-first-baseman-greg-bird-disabled-list-demoted-infielder-ronald-torreyes

41 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The Yankees had to send Torreyes (Ronald not Gleyber (sp?) their last names are slightly different) to the minors to make room for Bird.  Torreyes was hitting .339 in limited action. The Yankees have so many good young players they don't have room for all of them in the majors.  The other player considered for demation was Tyler Austin who had 23 RBI in 29 games.  Either of these players would be better than most of the O's hitters except for Manny and probably Mancini.  I wouldn't mind the O's targeting Torreyes in a trade.  What is his upside?  Clint Frazier is another prospect that seems blocked because the Yankees have too many outfielders.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23612913/new-york-yankees-activated-first-baseman-greg-bird-disabled-list-demoted-infielder-ronald-torreyes

The Yankees are a smart run organization. I sure wish the O's were. I don't know enough of the Yankee players that could come to Baltimore in a trade. 

28 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I absolutely reject ANY attempt to put Manny on the Yankees.

I don't. If they could get good return for Manny to the Yankees then so be it. But don't worry. Angelos will block any Manny trade. All the O's will get is a draft pick. 

The Yankees don’t need Machado they need to trade their guys for pitching.  There rotation is weak.  The pen is suspect in the middle and even their back end is struggling throwing the ball over the plate.  They won’t win jack if they don’t get that figured out.

21 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

The Yankees don’t need Machado they need to trade their guys for pitching.  There rotation is weak.  The pen is suspect in the middle and even their back end is struggling throwing the ball over the plate.  They won’t win jack if they don’t get that figured out.

Yeah, the Yankees are much more likely to trade for pitching over Manny.  No idea what valuable pitching talent might be available.

7 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

Yankees can't pitch.  Manny plays short. 

Angelos would never sign off on trading Machado to the Yankees. Never. It's not in the realm of possibilities. And as someone so astutely pointed out, the Yankees don't need offensive help, they need pitching. 

I'm all for speculating on where / if Machado will be traded, but can we at least make an effort to focus on the teams that need his bat and help at SS or 3B?

19 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I absolutely reject ANY attempt to put Manny on the Yankees.

Why maybe he will insist on playing short and become a clubhouse cancer.  I doubt the Yankees would want him now.  

19 hours ago, Fla_O'sfan said:

No one dislikes the Yankees more than me, but If Manny wants to play on the Yankees, he will be there next year, so why not at least get some of their young talent in return.

If the Yankees want him.   I just don't see the Yankees signing him.   

5 hours ago, weams said:

Yankees can't pitch.  Manny plays short. 

Exactly. I don't think Manny ends up with the Yankees. I think they'll throw all their financial resources at pitching - especially if Kershaw opts out.

18 minutes ago, theocean said:

Exactly. I don't think Manny ends up with the Yankees. I think they'll throw all their financial resources at pitching - especially if Kershaw opts out.

Kershaw is starting to breakdown, hope the Yankees sign him.  Good chance they will regret it.

Archived