Peterson Question

Rene88

11 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I've heard from a scout who likes the Nunez move, nothing special, but a nice power bat to have sitting as AAA depth.

The move looks good, but it reeks just like the Susac move.

Got a player with a high upside who couldn't figure it out with the previous, gets on a roll in AAA with the Tides, then starts to cool off and looks lost in the MLB because the Orioles drooled all over the 2/3 week production.

I would rather see Dosch, Corban Joseph, Stewart, Mullins, and Wynns up now to see what they can do for a bit.

Dosch and Joseph could provide a split at 3rd, with Dosch getting the starts vs righties if they go lefty heavy.

Stewart and Mullins, well, they can help the outfield. Get rid of Rickard 2.0 (Gentry) and figure out how to DL Trumbo (or Davis, so Mancini can take 1st.)

Wynns can play against lefties, as he is mashing them in Norfolk to a better than .500 average with multiple home runs (for a guy who isn't really a power hitter) while Susac is producing worse than Caleb was.

Buck is a mad genius. Taking a guy batting .182 and putting him at the top of the order. Soon, all MLB managers around baseball will be doing this. He could even put Daniel Cabrera at at top of the order.

Peterson is a nugget. Maybe he will reach .150 like Davis or .050 like Cusac.

You ask...but who else would be put there? My answer: literally anyone else but Chris Davis. ANYONE. I think Buck took this legalized weed thing to heart.

Just now, Rene88 said:

So you bat one of your worst offensive players first? Corn, you are a genius!

I didn't submit the lineup.

The team doesn't have anything that looks like a leadoff hitter.

Also, lineup order doesn't make much difference.

At this point in the season what is the point of complaining about who is batting leadoff?

On 6/1/2018 at 9:47 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't submit the lineup.

The team doesn't have anything that looks like a leadoff hitter.

Also, lineup order doesn't make much difference.

At this point in the season what is the point of complaining about who is batting leadoff?

Am I not speaking English?

Manny would be a better option. Schoop. Mancini. Sisco. Rickard. Trumbo. Anyone else but Davis is a better option. It is pretty darn straight forward. Dude is batting .178. 

So...ummm it does matter. Why don’t the Orioles just forfeit since it doesn’t matter in your eyes?

On 6/1/2018 at 9:50 PM, Rene88 said:

Am I not speaking English?

Manny would be a better option. Schoop. Mancini. Sisco. Rickard. Trumbo. Anyone else but Davis is a better option. It is pretty darn straight forward. Dude is batting .178. 

So...ummm it does matter. Why don’t the Orioles just forfeit since it doesn’t matter in your eyes?

Lineup order is mostly irrelevant.

Complaining about it is a waste of time.

Buck batted Hardy #2 for almost an entire season and the team went to the playoffs.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Lineup order is mostly irrelevant.

Complaining about it is a waste of time.

Buck batted Hardy #2 for almost an entire season and the team went to the playoffs.

You got an answer for everything. Let’s roll with Peterson. Davis, JR and Cisco cleanup since it doesn’t matter. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard you say honestly. I generally agree with you but that’s stupid, sorry.

Just now, Rene88 said:

You got an answer for everything. Let’s roll with Peterson. Davis, JR and Cisco cleanup since it doesn’t matter. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard you say honestly. I generally agree with you but that’s stupid, sorry.

I do know one thing.

How to spell Sisco's name.  ?

The math has been done, yes an optimized lineup will score slightly more runs.  But it isn't like getting the perfect lineup will turn this into an adequate offense.

Archived