19 games under

gtman55

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win for the Nats though. Might regain first and Taylor and Rendon heating up. And Mark Reynolds was signed on a minor league deal, good grab there.

I represented with my AJ jersey and Nats hat:) my wife stayed loyal to the orange and black lol

15 minutes ago, Natty said:

20 games under .500 on Memorial Day. 1/3 of the way into the season. 

Earl Weaver said you don't start thinking about playoffs until you are 20 games over .500.  He never said what you should be thinking when you are 20 games under .500.  I am guessing it is a new line of work.

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

24-58  since September of last year. About half a season. One winning month since last April.May 2018 won't be a winning month either.34 games under in 82 played is terrible.

The job security for that kind of play is what disheartens me the most. 

2 hours ago, atomic said:

Earl Weaver said you don't start thinking about playoffs until you are 20 games over .500.  He never said what you should be thinking when you are 20 games under .500.  I am guessing it is a new line of work.

Earl couldn't turn this team around. 

17 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

The job security for that kind of play is what disheartens me the most. 

I understand what you are saying but I worry that once Buck is gone who would take over? The grass is not always greener on the other side. Not everyone can work for Angelos. We could get someone a lot worse. 

3 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Great win for the Nats though. Might regain first and Taylor and Rendon heating up. And Mark Reynolds was signed on a minor league deal, good grab there.

I represented with my AJ jersey and Nats hat:) my wife stayed loyal to the orange and black lol

G Nat i tude!  ⚾  J/k of course!

phuck-your-natitude-shirt.jpg

2 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

But Earl would kick a few lunch tables over and get someone to start a fight. That might get some asses moving.

Earl wd have benched Davis by now, not allowed Manny to move to SS, dumped Tillman during spring training, and let Joseph continue to recover as a hitter (or at least until his bat became cold again). Wright wouldn't be on the roster and Brady would have been told to get lost. But he managed in a different economic era of baseball--the present one would have frustrated him so much I'm not sure he could have functioned.

54 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Earl wd have benched Davis by now, not allowed Manny to move to SS, dumped Tillman during spring training, and let Joseph continue to recover as a hitter (or at least until his bat became cold again). Wright wouldn't be on the roster and Brady would have been told to get lost. But he managed in a different economic era of baseball--the present one would have frustrated him so much I'm not sure he could have functioned.

Yes, it's a different economic era but many good managers function well these days. And sure, economics play a part in the Orioles mediocrity. But... the main problem is the completely mismanaged, flawed and dysfunctional front office we have.

I was talking to a guy in the know who said the Dodgers have 16 scouts in Latin America. We have 3. Our attitude about international players is an issue. Our many poor contract decisions is an issue. We've traded away numerous quality prospects who have gone on to do well with other teams. We seem to have a difficult time developing pitchers.

The Orioles are a mess plain and simple. There is no quick fix but we need to make changes soon.

5 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

I understand what you are saying but I worry that once Buck is gone who would take over? The grass is not always greener on the other side. Not everyone can work for Angelos. We could get someone a lot worse. 

I'm not advocating firing anyone in particular...as a fan I just want to see a direction. Obviously what they are doing isn't working so you would think some changes would be coming.

1 hour ago, gtman55 said:

I was talking to a guy in the know who said the Dodgers have 16 scouts in Latin America. We have 3. Our attitude about international players is an issue. Our many poor contract decisions is an issue. We've traded away numerous quality prospects who have gone on to do well with other teams. We seem to have a difficult time developing pitchers.

The Orioles are a mess plain and simple. There is no quick fix but we need to make changes soon.

If true, this is one of the worst things about their current situation that could have been easily fixed.  3 million wasted on Tillman could have gone to Latin American scouting.  They just don't want to do it.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If true, this is one of the worst things about their current situation that could have been easily fixed.  3 million wasted on Tillman could have gone to Latin American scouting.  They just don't want to do it.

Been banging the drum on this for years. LaCava told Angelos this. Scouts are dirt cheap, makes zero sense.

Archived