Hard to get upset

eddie83

12 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

I'm not surprised that they lose day in and day out. That lineup is atrocious and old.

I feel bad for Buck. 

Wrong, feel bad for the fans. Showalter had a hand in this and when he gets fired he will move on to his next job and it's over for him. The fans will be stuck with his mess.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

I'm not surprised that they lose day in and day out. That lineup is atrocious and old.

I feel bad for Buck. 

Why? Buck is a big part of the problem. This should’ve been done a year ago. The we are competing approach was as much from. Buck as anyone else. 

While I'd like to them to win, at this point I feel like it's better  if they just continue to lose. That way ownership has to realize that the team needs to be blown up.  Honestly think it's better they are 21 games under rather then hovering around .500 which was probably best case scenario for this team. 

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Why? Buck is a big part of the problem. This should’ve been done a year ago. The we are competing approach was as much from. Buck as anyone else. 

Because he's not responsible for the overall construction of the 25 man, 40 man rosters nor for the organizational strategy now and in the future.

I'm as upset as anyone else that Davis is still getting more AB than {insert literally anybody} and some other grievances w/ Buck, but he is far from being a "big" part of the problem.

2 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

Wrong, feel bad for the fans. Showalter had a hand in this and when he gets fired he will move on to his next job and it's over for him. The fans will be stuck with his mess.

They're not mutually exclusive. I feel bad for my eyes and ears having to watch this absolute debacle.

My point about Buck is that he's a consummate professional that helped turned this franchise around. I know he has high expectations out of what a ball club and organization should be. Having to trot out this lineup day in and day out? I feel bad for him. 

4 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

They're not mutually exclusive. I feel bad for my eyes and ears having to watch this absolute debacle.

My point about Buck is that he's a consummate professional that helped turned this franchise around. I know he has high expectations out of what a ball club and organization should be. Having to trot out this lineup day in and day out? I feel bad for him. 

He makes 3.5 million a year.  One of the higher paid managers. I wouldn't feel sorry for him. If he doesn't like the job he can quit.  

14 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

Because he's not responsible for the overall construction of the 25 man, 40 man rosters nor for the organizational strategy now and in the future.

I'm as upset as anyone else that Davis is still getting more AB than {insert literally anybody} and some other grievances w/ Buck, but he is far from being a "big" part of the problem.

While I don't have any proof I think Buck has had more say over the roster than you think.

18 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

While I'd like to them to win, at this point I feel like it's better  if they just continue to lose. That way ownership has to realize that the team needs to be blown up.  Honestly think it's better they are 21 games under rather then hovering around .500 which was probably best case scenario for this team. 

Did the team learn anything from 1998-2011? Maybe they continue to patch things. Trading guys they don't want to spend on doesn't mean they re-build. I'm more interested to see what they do this off-season. That will tell you alot. 

Ofcourse, they won't have a GM until January to put the team together for the new manager they hired in November. That's the Angelos way. I don't expect much to change as long as he's in the picture. And I won't until I actually see change. The fact they seem to have no urgency to start the rebuild isn't a good sign imo.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This team just can’t win with so much resources tied up in Davis, Trumbo, and O’day. That’s around $50 million this year tied up in 2 DHs and in injury prone/slightly above average RP. 

Orioles total payroll (sportrac.com) 144,878,675    17-39 record

Rays total payroll 75,547,289     28-26 record

144,878,675-50,000,000 = 94,878,675

94,878,675 > 75,547,289

I'm inclined to think it is possible to build a competitive roster for under 100M.

Yeah, the payroll argument needs to go away.  Great point about Tampa.  They seem to be doing okay with their payroll.  The Marlins are 3.5 games better than us....what is their payroll?  There are no excuses that can be made for this sad sack team.  17-39!  The best this roster can do is win 17 out of their first 56 games?   So objective analysts would look at the personnel on this team and equate it to a 49-113 team?  We don't compete because we are mentally weak and have given up.  Fortunately, if you have a job with the Orioles in any capacity, you have job security for life.  So why try when you can be lazy and awful and still get paid?

Archived