2018 Trade Deadline

Yardball85

6 hours ago, LocoChris said:

Royals are selling big --- why aren't the O's? Oh that's right, because the front office is a freaking mess.

This is why we are in for some prolonged mysery. We have at least a half dozen guys that need to be traded but we will wait until the deadline and trade one. I wish we would hear an announcement about our new GM yesterday, but right now this team is locked up. Its really a sad state of affairs.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think O'Day is going to get you much at all.

Interesting, considering that he is pitching the best out of all of them.   Yea he has another year of team control at a decent salary, but still someone like Cleveland with a disastrous pen would be a fool to not be interested imo.

1 minute ago, Aglets said:

Interesting, considering that he is pitching the best out of all of them.   Yea he has another year of team control at a decent salary, but still someone like Cleveland with a disastrous pen would be a fool to not be interested imo.

He has full no trade protection.

Considering his wife's line of work I do not think he would accept a trade to very many teams, maybe only to the Nationals. 

I don't see him agreeing to be traded to the Indians.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Considering his wife's line of work I do not think he would accept a trade to very many teams, maybe only to the Nationals. 

This is a fair point for sure.  He was pretty picky when he was a FA for that reason.   Still doesn't answer my original question though.   ;)

1 hour ago, theobird said:

This is why we are in for some prolonged mysery. We have at least a half dozen guys that need to be traded but we will wait until the deadline and trade one. I wish we would hear an announcement about our new GM yesterday, but right now this team is locked up. Its really a sad state of affairs.

Angelos the problem. It really doesn't matter who the GM is when Angelos won't allow trades to be made. Hope when or if John takes over he will be better than Peter. 

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

With the Herrera trade yesterday, I doubt the Nats have much interest in O’Day.

So apparently Perkins was their #8 ranked prospect. Not sure on the other two.  My guess is the market for Britton is now set for a similar return.  He's a pending FA like Herrera, plus he's coming off an injury and an uneven season, so they may get a little less.  I think Brach is farther down the value chart, and O'Day even more.  I'd still try to move all 3 of them, though.

6 minutes ago, esmd said:

So apparently Perkins was their #8 ranked prospect. Not sure on the other two.  My guess is the market for Britton is now set for a similar return.  He's a pending FA like Herrera, plus he's coming off an injury and an uneven season, so they may get a little less.  I think Brach is farther down the value chart, and O'Day even more.  I'd still try to move all 3 of them, though.

Yup...you'd have to think there would be a market for all of those guys.   I'm just not sure that O'Day will want to leave, and he has a choice in that matter.

4 hours ago, theobird said:

This is my biggest fear.  I have said it for the last few years that Oriokes need some transformational trades.  That was for competition but now that story has changed.

You have to believe they aren't making a move any time soon if they really are interviewing decision makers for some ethereal job.

39 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

This is my biggest fear.  I have said it for the last few years that Oriokes need some transformational trades.  That was for competition but now that story has changed.

You have to believe they aren't making a move any time soon if they really are interviewing decision makers for some ethereal job.

I would hope they aren't making a GM move at this point, but it wouldn't be the Orioles if they didn't find a way to make things as difficult as possible right before the trade deadline. 

If Duquette and Buck get fired it should happen after the deadline or the season. Angelos is still calling the shots regardless of who the GM is so does making a change at GM really make any difference at this point.

Archived