It might be a while before we see Mullins with the O's.

wildcard

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Even if Jones stays, if Mullins is ready he should get a try out in CF and slide Jones over to RF.

No argument from me there.  I'd rather Jones is moved to a contender though, so he can make another WS run.  Assuming Houston makes the playoffs, I'll be pulling for them over NYY and Boston, obviously.  I've love to be able to see them win a WS with AJ and maybe Britton .

If Mullins isn't ready by the September roster expansion, I would like to see them give it to Yaz. He seems to play up to the level of completion. Won't blow you away, but holds his own when he isn't injured. Is a good defender, has some power, but mainly has speed.

Then once the season ends, you can DFA him off the roster and keep him in Norfolk.

10 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If Mullins isn't ready by the September roster expansion, I would like to see them give it to Yaz. He seems to play up to the level of completion. Won't blow you away, but holds his own when he isn't injured. Is a good defender, has some power, but mainly has speed.

Then once the season ends, you can DFA him off the roster and keep him in Norfolk.

If Mullins isn't ready by September you can him up anyway and use him as a pinch runner and defensive replacement.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If Mullins isn't ready by September you can him up anyway and use him as a pinch runner and defensive replacement.

Or see if he can learn at the MLB level. Not like the team is going places 

51 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Even if Jones stays, if Mullins is ready he should get a try out in CF and slide Jones over to RF.

Right or wrong, they won't do this to Jones IMO. If he isn't traded (and as much as I like him personally, I hope he is), they won't "demote" him to RF right before he hits free agency.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

He has started 2 for 20 at AAA.   Maybe the off speed pitches are  a little better at AAA.

This is why I’m usually against jumping guys from AA to the majors.   I don’t think AAA pitchers are necessarily more talented, but they’re more experienced and refined.   I like for hitters to show they can handle that jump before heading to the majors.    

Saying that, I don’t make too much of Mullins’ 2 for 20 start.    Could just be a little slump.   I’ll give it a lot longer than 4 games before concluding that Mullins is having trouble adjusting to this level of competition.   

5 minutes ago, Triple Crown said:

Do we know about his contact, maybe hitting into some loud outs. I don't know for sure, but unless you've actually seen him over matched, nothing to see here

I haven't watched. But can he be worse than Davis?  And it is not like the Orioles need a center fielder.  Mullins to first I say!

Archived