It might be a while before we see Mullins with the O's.

wildcard

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wildcard said:

Mullins stats are right there on the Norfolk Tides  Stats page.  Read it and weep.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ibp&cid=568&stn=true&sid=t568

Dirtybird is technically correct because those don't count the game he is currently playing in, but can't we all just agree that a couple of weeks of stats mean very little and teams look at much more than a stat line when they decide who to promote.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

Dirtybird is technically correct because those don't count the game he is currently playing in, but can't we all just agree that a couple of weeks of stats mean very little and teams look at much more than a stat line when they decide who to promote.

That's pretty weak.   He is 1 for 2 but the game could be rain out., He could go 1 for 5 or 4 for 5.   How about posting some sensible.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That's pretty weak.   He is 1 for 2 but the game could be rain out., He could go 1 for 5 or 4 for 5.   How about posting some sensible.

What have I posted that isn't sensible? I mentioned that it was a technicality, I think both sides of this little disagreement are silly. 

10 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

You disregarded the meat of the comment.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Sensible, like starting a thread after 20 AB’s?

And even if you want to use the .205 number, that is double what it was when you started the ridiculous thread after his first 20 postpromotion AB’s.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm expecting the O's to get no hit at some point this season.

Today would seem to be the likeliest day, given the opposing pitcher, and no Jones in the lineup.

If they just intentionally walk Manny every time up, it's kind of hard to imagine today's lineup NOT getting no hit by Sale.

2 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

What have I posted that isn't sensible? I mentioned that it was a technicality, I think both sides of this little disagreement are silly. 

You disregarded the meat of the comment.

Didn't mean your comment was weak.

2 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

And even if you want to use the .205 number, that is double what it was when you started the ridiculous thread after his first 20 postpromotion AB’s.

But accurate.  He will not be up for a while.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

My concern isn't improving the Orioles so much as making them slightly more watchable.

Selfish I know, but that is where I am as a fan right now.

Here, set this on your tv:  Adjust as necessary...

Charlize-Theron-most-beautiful-woman.jpg

2 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Sensible?  We would each need to be able to assume that each one of us were sensible men or women.  And then we would have to reconcile that with our fandom of the Baltimore Orioles.

Sensible....Ha!  Indeed! ;) 

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Like it or not Mullins is currently hitting 205/295/385/680.    That will not get him promoted.  He is have to do much better.  So again, it might be a while.

3 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

This information is incorrect

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Mullins stats are right there on the Norfolk Tides  Stats page.  Read it and weep.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ibp&cid=568&stn=true&sid=t568

I don’t know what time the Tides played today, but their game is over and Mullins went one for four with a double, so those stats are out of date, and may have been when DirtyBird posted.   Not sure of the timing.    

It’s kind of beside the point, though.   If Jones gets traded, we may see Mullins.    Otherwise, I expect him to stay at Norfolk through the end of the AAA season no matter what he does.    Could he get a September call-up?   Probably, since he has to be put on the 40-man roster this offseason anyway.   

I’m glad to see he’s started hitting AAA pitching.    Let’s hope that continues.  

Archived