Eduardo Encina: Pedro Araujo’s Spot in Jeopardy?

Rene88

5 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

And those can be after rosters expand. Something tells me, this mysterious elbow injury may sideline him for a while, he will have a lengthy rehab assignment, and be back up around September 1st.

I find it pretty tacky the way the O's are manipulating the disabled list even in a lost season.

I could see skirting legality if the playoffs are on the line but this is just sad.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Scott since he's "healthy" will get the call first.

I don’t want to wish the summer away but the next 7 weeks will be awful unless they make some moves prior to the deadline. 

Scott needs to be up here. 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I find it pretty tacky the way the O's are manipulating the disabled list even in a lost season.

I could see skirting legality if the playoffs are on the line but this is just sad.

Do you think Maddon left the Rays without knowing the Cubs job was his?

11 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Do you think Maddon left the Rays without knowing the Cubs job was his?

Gosh that would be a lot closer to the playoffs are on the line scenario now wouldn't it?

I am sure Maddon was confident in his ability to find another job.

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They are hoarders. Can't get rid of anyone no matter how awful. 

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Gosh that would be a lot closer to the playoffs are on the line scenario now wouldn't it?

I am sure Maddon was confident in his ability to find another job.

I don’t think Maddon leaves Tampa without knowing Cubs job was his. 

These teams are all about self interest.

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't find it tacky. It is gamesmanship, and the only entity harmed is the Cubs. Araujo misses a few weeks of development and "rehabs" in AA or AAA for 30 days where he belongs and hopefully finds his control again. He shouldn't be pitching in the majors and they can't send him down, so this is the only way to do it. While the Orioles may not be playoff bound, their fans are still paying customers who shouldn't have to watch a guy walk 5.8/9 and give up a home run every three innings. Compared to service time manipulation, which costs players millions of dollars, disabled list manipulation isn't a big concern of me.

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

I don't find it tacky. It is gamesmanship, and the only entity harmed is the Cubs. Araujo misses a few weeks of development and "rehabs" in AA or AAA for 30 days where he belongs and hopefully finds his control again. He shouldn't be pitching in the majors and they can't send him down, so this is the only way to do it. While the Orioles may not be playoff bound, their fans are still paying customers who shouldn't have to watch a guy walk 5.8/9 and give up a home run every three innings. Compared to service time manipulation, which costs players millions of dollars, disabled list manipulation isn't a big concern of me.

They can't work a trade if they desperately need to keep this middle relief depth guy in the organization?

Every time they pull something like this it takes a little bit of respect away.  Is Araujo worth that?

9 hours ago, JohnD said:

Valencia is a guy you trad  sometime between July 30 and Aug 31 for a AA arm  who could turn into something.  

Gentry wouldnt get you anything right now.  

Yes. Unless Danny gets hurt. 

Gentry would never get you anything. 

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Does anyone think this guy is a future significant piece?

He just looks like any other arm to me, the kind you can pick up any offseason for minimal investment.

At least he may have more of a future in the majors than Tillman.

Sleazy move.

Archived