Among the other things I hate about this team...

Frobby

...Is the utter lack of speed on this team.    

Today, we twice had sky high choppers to 3B.    Both times I expected the batter to be safe; both times they were out.    Mancini and Schoop.

Then in the 9th Jones grounds into a DP where any halfway fast runner beats it out.    And though I didn’t see it, I believe that early in the game he let a fly ball fall in that a fast CF catches.    

It’s one more way in which this team is not only bad, but unexciting.

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Today, we twice had sky high choppers to 3B.    Both times I expected the batter to be safe; both times they were out.    Mancini and Schoop.

Then in the 9th Jones grounds into a DP where any halfway fast runner beats it out.    And though I didn’t see it, I believe that early in the game he let a fly ball fall in that a fast CF catches.    

On days they have Mancini, Jones and Trumbo in the outfield has to be hands down the worst in baseball None of them can cut off a ball in the gap. 

This has been true for years, even for our "good" teams. I can tolerate it when we are going well in the other dimensions, but when you are sucking at pitching, hitting, hitting for power, and defense, you are right, it is especially aggravating. But this is what happens when you are carrying five 1B/DH guys and your 2B looks like a linebacker. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

It really gets me how far this team has fallen.  It just doesn't make sense. Just seems there is something wrong besides Angelos, Brady, DD and Buck. The team is in a funk. I wish I knew why this team is playing like little leaguers. It's irritating to me. 

Pretty funny how people can complain about speed. Many here have stated that it is not important, it's all about HR's..going first to third, stolen bases all irrelevant. The consensus here was run scoring was not going to be an issue. Wrong. Players also tend to be slower when things don't matter. This team was making October vacation plans by April 30. The O's dollar(based on player's salary) /win will be amazing.

I think they should just forfeit the games, because no team with this roster that is actually trying on the field could ever be 19 and freaking 50.  The Marlins have a much better record and they have a roster of complete no-names.  This team is gutless and pathetic and they lose before they even take the field.  So if you aren't going to compete, why bother playing at all?   

I couldn't help but read this and my mind wandered off and thought of Rodney Dangerfield...

I tell ya this team just gets no respect.  Team Speed.

I come in here to cheer up and read about my Orioles and I read Frobby taking a shot at the team for it's lack of speed.  I tell ya this team just gets no respect.  They had a two run lead last week in the 3rd.  Gave up three runs with no outs in the top of the 4th.  Now that's speed!

And then there was that time two weeks ago when we were down two and had runners on first and second...and we got thrown out trying to steal... home?

The Orioles get no respect....they were talking about Chris Davis on MLB radio and were arguing about whether he was as good a hitter as Rafael Palmiero.  And this guy calls in and says Raffy is a better hitter now than Davis right now but that neither one of them could do what Stan Musial could do.  The radio guy says, but sir, Stan the Man has been dead for 5 years.  The caller says, yeah but honestly, could you tell the difference?

Hey, we do two shows a night!!!  We cant get the Orioles to do one!  

Called my Doctor, Doctor Vinnie Boombats, and I said, Doc you gotta do something, the Orioles are making me crazy.  He gave me two tickets to a Yankee game.  I said, Doc how is that gonna make me feel better?  He said, it's not, but once you realize what a real MLB team looks like when it's going for it, you'll stop pretending and come to your senses!

It only hurts when you laugh...

6 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

The athleticism on this team is comparable to a beer league softball team.

I play on a beer league softball team and that is just unfair and insensitive.  I am reporting you for bullying man...we have feelings too!!!!

17 hours ago, Frobby said:

But we have the fleet footed Trumbo and Davis to make up for it. 

Was at the game yesterday and the lack of hustle was pretty startling to see firsthand. Counted at least four instances where guys were moving at half speed, just going through the motions. When your "team leaders" Jones and Machado are not going full speed and you don't have anyone to call them out on it what does it say to the rest of the players and the fans?

Archived