Sisco optioned to Norfolk

SteveA

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, atomic said:

That is true.  I think Cisco has played a lot better than Mancini.  At least he isn't an embarrassment in the field like Mancini.  Maybe he is next.  With Beckham, Cashner, and Rasmus coming back they are going to have to remove 3 position players from the roster.  Rickard seems to be the most likely to go down and Peterson as well. Who is the third?  Corban Joseph?

Pedro or Valencia could go too. 

11 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Especially since they announced he was scratched due to an illness.

Must of been some really bad virus to demote him...

Manager Buck Showalter indicated that Sisco was ill, but he stopped short of using the word.

“I’m afraid he’s coming down with ... He hasn’t slept in two or three days,” Showalter said. “A lot of our guys. And just talking to him before the game, his energy level. He was ready to go, just didn’t think it was in his best interest, with the off-day tomorrow. But we’ll see.

“A lot of factors. That was the principle one. He just hadn’t slept any. Hard enough to play this game when you have.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/06/caleb-joseph-rejoining-orioles-with-chance-sisco-optioned.html

11 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Will the Orioles gain an extra year of control if Sisco spends some time in the minors? If so, then the Orioles should definitely have him spend some time in the minors.

This is my guess for why they did it.   But he’d need to stay down about 45 days for the O’s to get another year of control.  

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That logic also holds true for Mancini correct?

Buck loves his nuggets:

Mancini is 5-for-51 with runners in scoring position. His dubious streak grew to 0-for-21 before the third inning.

“Like I told Trey yesterday, my message to him is trust yourself, see it and hit it,” manager Buck Showalter said before the game. “He’s got so many people talking to him. College coaches, high school coaches, teammates, coaches, staff. Then all of a sudden the water parts and the game slows down, the ball looks like a beach ball for about two weeks. And if we knew that magic trick ...”

Showalter on Mancini RBI: “You get to know the guys pretty well and know that their faces are telling you a story. This is the first time he’s gone through something like this. You’re trying to be real supportive with not only him, but everybody. We have three or four conversations a day. We’re going to keep trying to create some positive vibes. I’m hoping it turns for a long time.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/06/orioles-end-multiple-streaks-with-20th-win.html

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep, the scratch/demotion combo has me scratching my head.

Was the scratch due strictly to illness?

Quote from Buck sort of leans towards illness but perhaps could be interpreted differently:   "I'm afraid he's coming down with...he hasn't slept in 2 or 3 days.    A lot of our guys.   And just talking to him before the game, his energy level.   He was ready to go, just didn't think it was in his best interest, with the off day tomorrow.   But we'll see  A lot of factors.   That was the principle one.   He just hadn't slept any.   Hard enough to play this game when you have".

It's hard to parse so many sentence fragments without subjects and/or predicates.   But Buck never quite says the word "sick" or "ill".   Talks about lack of sleep... doesn't say why.   Not sleeping because he's taking his poor performance hard and it's keeping him up?   Not sleeping because of something in his life outside baseball?   Not sleeping because of an illness or potential illness?

Just now, bobmc said:

Buck loves his nuggets:

Mancini is 5-for-51 with runners in scoring position. His dubious streak grew to 0-for-21 before the third inning.

“Like I told Trey yesterday, my message to him is trust yourself, see it and hit it,” manager Buck Showalter said before the game. “He’s got so many people talking to him. College coaches, high school coaches, teammates, coaches, staff. Then all of a sudden the water parts and the game slows down, the ball looks like a beach ball for about two weeks. And if we knew that magic trick ...”

Showalter on Mancini RBI: “You get to know the guys pretty well and know that their faces are telling you a story. This is the first time he’s gone through something like this. You’re trying to be real supportive with not only him, but everybody. We have three or four conversations a day. We’re going to keep trying to create some positive vibes. I’m hoping it turns for a long time.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/06/orioles-end-multiple-streaks-with-20th-win.html

That is one of the reasons I will not be sad when Buck goes.

3 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Since this season means absolutely nothing now, I don't frankly care who they send down to the minors. Sisco is not healthy according to Buck. I am surprised that they just didn't put him on the DL.

Service time.

Just now, SteveA said:

Was the scratch due strictly to illness?

Quote from Buck sort of leans towards illness but perhaps could be interpreted differently:   "I'm afraid he's coming down with...he hasn't slept in 2 or 3 days.    A lot of our guys.   And just talking to him before the game, his energy level.   He was ready to go, just didn't think it was in his best interest, with the off day tomorrow.   But we'll see  A lot of factors.   That was the principle one.   He just hadn't slept any.   Hard enough to play this game when you have".

It's hard to parse so many sentence fragments without subjects and/or predicates.   But Buck never quite says the word "sick" or "ill".   Talks about lack of sleep... doesn't say why.   Not sleeping because he's taking his poor performance hard and it's keeping him up?   Not sleeping because of something in his life outside baseball?   Not sleeping because of an illness or potential illness?

He does say coming down with.

That certainly indicates illness.

But sure, we don't know.

Buck says whatever he wants to the media.

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

When Mancini came up in 2016, was he up long enough to lose that year of time?

He played in five games.  He was a September callup just like Sisco.

Any service time argument you want to make about Sisco would equally apply to Mancini.

And his numbers warrant being sent down.

But...nugget.

Archived