Is it just me or is there almost nobody on the team you root for/actually like?

amdcpus

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Am I missing something? Why does people dislike Schoop? Is it JUST because of fanfest?

Fanfest bothered me initially, but after hearing it was due to some bad advice, I am since less annoyed. Honestly, his demeanor is that of someone that just is no longer interested in being here anymore. I get that this is a frustrating time for the team, but he seems like he's just going through the motions and he's upset because his buddy has one foot out the door.

6 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

Fanfest bothered me initially, but after hearing it was due to some bad advice, I am since less annoyed. Honestly, his demeanor is that of someone that just is no longer interested in being here anymore. I get that this is a frustrating time for the team, but he seems like he's just going through the motions and he's upset because his buddy has one foot out the door.

I don’t get that vibe from Schoop at all.    The whole team is frustrated, including him.     That’s normal when you’re losing.    And, it’s depressing when your team has 90 games to play, is hopelessly out of it, and everyone’s speculating on who is going to be traded or replaced.    

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I don’t get that vibe from Schoop at all.    The whole team is frustrated, including him.     That’s normal when you’re losing.    And, it’s depressing when your team has 90 games to play, is hopelessly out of it, and everyone’s speculating on who is going to be traded or replaced.    

Maybe it only seems more palpable from Schoop because he's usually SO over-the-top happy and smiley. 

I am starting to root for Rasmus just because he seems to be a whipping boy on the board. 

When on, Bundy is the most dominating pitcher we have had in a long, long time. Tanner Scott has electric stuff and is fun to watch. Bleier before injury was a huge bright spot. 

Jones is a true professional and is quietly turning in a good season even if he has lost a step. O'Day as well.

Agnostic on Machado, Schoop, Mancini, Givens. 

I am done with Trumbo, Davis, Brach, Valencia, and especially, above all, Mike Wright. These guys all look defeated.

7 hours ago, amdcpus said:

Liked Bleier but he got injured. Root for Gentry, Britton and Castro but that's about it. Everyone else has been such a disappointment or has major attitude/work ethic problems such as Rasmus/Davis/Wright/Machado/Cobb.  Hell half the players refused to even show up to Fanfest. Just not a very likeable team IMO.

Half? Which half?

4 minutes ago, weams said:

Half? Which half?

Didn't we pretty much sign half the team AFTER Fanfest?

So those guys we hadn't signed yet didn't show up.   Cashner, Cobb, Tillman, Valencia, Peterson, Vielma, Sardinas, Rasmus..    Bastards, every one of them.

Archived