Nightingale: Dodgers in lead for Manny

Rene88

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I don't think it would be outrageous to demand Walker Buehler be part of the deal. The Dodgers might be more inclined to trade him now, with the emergence of Stripling. They also just got Maeda and Hill back and will eventually get Ryu back. Too many pitchers, not enough rotation spots. 

9 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I don't think it would be outrageous to demand Walker Buehler be part of the deal. The Dodgers might be more inclined to trade him now, with the emergence of Stripling. They also just got Maeda and Hill back and will eventually get Ryu back. Too many pitchers, not enough rotation spots. 

Lmao. You guys are ridiculously overvaluing Machado. You're going to be very disappointed with the return if you're expecting someone like Buehler in return.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Seems Milwaukee could use him very badly.  I like it that the Orioles have pulled major league scouts from major league games and sent them to look at minor leaguers.  

Wow, some of the responses in this thread clearly give away that their author did not read the article and yet is willing to refute its reporting.

There are sources, actual work here.  Go read the article.  Orioles pulled scouts, sending them to minor league games, focus on the Dodgers and more.  It's not a Heyman no source article.

23 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Wow, some of the responses in this thread clearly give away that their author did not read the article and yet is willing to refute its reporting.

There are sources, actual work here.  Go read the article.  Orioles pulled scouts, sending them to minor league games, focus on the Dodgers and more.  It's not a Heyman no source article.

Did you read the article? Because i didn't see a single quote from ANYONE within the Brewers organization saying they were interested in Machaado. The author simply looked at their current SS situation and made the leap himself. And honestly when was USA Today ever known for its ground breaking / hard hitting reporting? 

41 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

Lmao. You guys are ridiculously overvaluing Machado. You're going to be very disappointed with the return if you're expecting someone like Buehler in return.

No way the Dodgers are trading Buehler in a trade for a Manny rental.  Kershaw's health has declined in recent years as well.

Dodgers will also want to trade a contract to even out their payroll if they really are set on Manny.  Which I wouldn't be opposed to if the Dodgers sweeten the pot.  

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

No way the Dodgers are trading Buehler in a trade for a Manny rental.  Kershaw's health has declined in recent years as well.

Dodgers will also want to trade a contract to even out their payroll if they really are set on Manny.  Which I wouldn't be opposed to if the Dodgers sweeten the pot.  

Logan Forsythe is someone I could see them sending back. Taylor, Utley and Hernandez can play 2B and all are hitting better than Forsythe.

What could we get if we take Forsythe back to help with the money in a Machado deal? Does he buy us a mid-teen prospect from the Dodgers' system in addition?

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

The article states that they don't need a long term SS as Seager will be back and Turner is at 3rd. 

You guys think we're going to get a haul for Manny to be a 3 month rental?

Wait, some people here also think our prospects are awesome.

I think the Manny rental will be one of the biggest position player hauls that have ever occured in this rental only era.  The team that signs him has no more likelihood to retain him than any of the other 29 teams including the Orioles if they pay the most money. Respect. Money Respect. Money.

And I like some of our prospects. 

3 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Logan Forsythe is someone I could see them sending back. Taylor, Utley and Hernandez can play 2B and all are hitting better than Forsythe.

What could we get if we take Forsythe back to help with the money in a Machado deal? Does he buy us a mid-teen prospect from the Dodgers' system in addition?

Forsythe's a free agent after this season, I'll put up with him for a half a season for the right deal. Could play him at 3B and slide Beckham back to SS.

2 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

Verduo White Lux Santana for Machado and Britton?  Who says no?

Can Machado reliably pitch the 8th inning of a playoff-critical game (Britton can't, reliably being the key word)?  Because if not, the Dodgers have more pressing needs.  As a (mostly) Dodger fan, that package makes me cringe a little bit, which means it's probably fair. Machado and Britton wouldn't happen though without the O's taking back Forsythe's salary.  Dodgers aren't going over the LTT. If I'm the O's I might look at Edwin Rios as another name.  Good hitter.  AAA, but more of an AL player.  Watching the Dodgers almost daily, I'd rather they go after a good 2B to replace Forsythe and a reliever before going for Machado.  If that means a package of Verdugo/White/Lux for Iglesias/Gannett from the Reds, then I choose that.

Will Smith may be an interesting second piece in any deal for Machado from the Dodgers. If you don't believe in Sisco as an everyday catcher (or think his bat is better served moving elsewhere), Smith may be a good option. A good catcher with a solid eye at the plate. 

Could we pull off a Yusneil Diaz, Will Smith and Gavin Lux in a deal for Machado if we take back Forsythe (or someone else to allow LA to stay under the luxury tax threshold)?

Archived