15 Consecutive American League Losses

SteveA

We last beat an American League team on Friday night, May 25, the Friday before Memorial Day.   34 days ago.

We have lost 15 straight to AL teams (while going 6-8 vs the NL in that stretch).

If we don't beat the Angels tomorrow or Saturday, we will be the first team in MLB history to go winless against their own league for a full calendar month where baseball was played the entire month.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We last beat an American League team on Friday night, May 25, the Friday before Memorial Day.   34 days ago.

We have lost 15 straight to AL teams (while going 6-8 vs the NL in that stretch).

If we don't beat the Angels tomorrow or Saturday, we will be the first team in MLB history to go winless against their own league for a full calendar month where baseball was played the entire month.

Angel's playing the worst basebsll in the majors. If they lose today will be at .500.

33 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Thing is, they could’ve won any game in this series.    They’re really finding new ways to lose almost every day.  

Said same thing.  Offense bad, defense bad, bullpen bad, starting pitching pretty bad but not helped by defense.

27 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I love how they continue to use the same 27-28 guys night in and night out. I don't expect a miracle but seriously? They can't put a more competitive team together than this?

Probably not.  But give them another couple of weeks and maybe that changes.  I hope that changes.  I really, really hope that changes...

14 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Probably not.  But give them another couple of weeks and maybe that changes.  I hope that changes.  I really, really hope that changes...

There is no excuse not to shake things up post all star break.  Especially if they start trading away any valuable assets.

I don’t mind watching young players adapt to MLB, but watching the likes of Rasmus. Yuck.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

There is no excuse not to shake things up post all star break.  Especially if they start trading away any valuable assets.

I don’t mind watching young players adapt to MLB, but watching the likes of Rasmus. Yuck.

Completely agree.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a rebound like Showalter's finish in 2009 if the trades happen like I hope they do.

Archived