New appreciation for Bordick

Barnaby Graves

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Let's just say this, Manny is not a Buck guy from what I've been told. Schoop seems to be on the Manny train.

Thorne said yesterday after Buck finished his pre game press conference that he made sure the reporters heard him say that Buck specifically mentioned that Schoop had an option.Gary thought he was sending a message to Schoop since it was not off the record or anything. Bordick then said very interesting story. I think things will come out about this season in a year or two that will be very interesting.

7 hours ago, Flacco Machado said:

Schoop looks like someone who allowed stardom to give him a big head, too fast. He had an unbelievable year last year, and his star was rising as the best 2B in the game. 

Then, the "bad advice" from his agent before fanfest. Then, the slow start and the oblique injury.

He needs a refocused off season. Which includes, a new fitness and strength program. He looks like he's starting to enjoy the perks of MLB clubhouse food.

I don't see that innocent, fun-loving guy anymore. The Orioles season will do that to a guy. But, still.

Anyway, that's just my personal observation, playing couch pyschiatrist.

Schoop best second baseman in the game??? He wasn't even in the top 10 before this season.  Altuve is definitely the best.  Schoop had his career last year.   Didn't expect him to repeat anything close to that 

Just now, atomic said:

Schoop best second baseman in the game??? He wasn't even in the top 10 before this season.  Altuve is definitely the best.  Schoop had his career last year.   Didn't expect him to repeat anything close to that 

I'll bite, give me #2-10.

https://www.mlb.com/news/jose-altuve-leads-top-second-basemen-into-2018/c-264749954

There aren't many teams that are 35+ games under before the All Star break that keep their manager. Honestly, what does that say about this team/organization? If we go 60 games under at some point does Buck stay? Does he have some sort of immunity?

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Let's just say this, Manny is not a Buck guy from what I've been told. Schoop seems to be on the Manny train.

I don't think Schoop has any trade value at this point.   The only question becomes does the team offer arbitration on him.   It would be great if arbitration system said you hit .196 you get 800k contract. 

18 minutes ago, atomic said:

I think if he had repeated his year last year, he'd be right there with Altuve.

But, this year has totally squashed that.

7 hours ago, Flacco Machado said:

Schoop looks like someone who allowed stardom to give him a big head, too fast. He had an unbelievable year last year, and his star was rising as the best 2B in the game. 

Then, the "bad advice" from his agent before fanfest. Then, the slow start and the oblique injury.

He needs a refocused off season. Which includes, a new fitness and strength program. He looks like he's starting to enjoy the perks of MLB clubhouse food.

I don't see that innocent, fun-loving guy anymore. The Orioles season will do that to a guy. But, still.

Anyway, that's just my personal observation, playing couch pyschiatrist.

Also, I think Adam Jones at this point is a detriment for School.  On Tuesday, I was sitting with a couple friends in the club level, and one of them pointed out that, when Jones and Schoop were warming up between the lineup announcements and taking the field, Jones was wearing a catcher's mitt.  Instead of doing a lot of longer-tosses that I see from most players on the away side and from Machado, Jones had Schoop throwing him curve balls and half the time, Jones was crouched as a catcher.  Not very impressed from that.  

18 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Also, I think Adam Jones at this point is a detriment for School.  On Tuesday, I was sitting with a couple friends in the club level, and one of them pointed out that, when Jones and Schoop were warming up between the lineup announcements and taking the field, Jones was wearing a catcher's mitt.  Instead of doing a lot of longer-tosses that I see from most players on the away side and from Machado, Jones had Schoop throwing him curve balls and half the time, Jones was crouched as a catcher.  Not very impressed from that.  

Yes, me neither. But, those three seem to have their inner circle. They are buds and they've been doing it for years. It looks great and funny, if you're winning, but not when you're losing like we are. 

20 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Schoop, like Tillman, many here wanted locked up long-term. Tillman needs to consider his post-baseball options.  Schoop, I still hold out hope he can rebound, but it won't be this year.

It's always a double edged sword, isn't it? Buy out those arbitration years, ala, Trout, before the player becomes a mega star.

I was in that group, for Schoop. But, something changed this past off season with him. Not in shape, as was brought up by Going Underground and myself, I think is one. And then not being a Buck guy, as Tony eluded to, could be another. Although, that shouldn't deter him from performing.

My question is, will Schoop rebound under a new manager? Someone, that maybe strokes his ego, more than Buck? Has knowing Manny is gone, affected his mood that much? 

I, just see a "me" guy with Schoop these days. He knows he's stuck in Baltimore, at least one more year, and all his buddies are leaving.

Archived