New appreciation for Bordick

Barnaby Graves

5 hours ago, atomic said:

When he is out of baseball in a couple of years he will be thinking about how much he wishes he was at Fanfest.  He won't be invited back as an alumni player. 

Yes I'm sure skipping Fanfest is realllll high on the list of ex-player regrets. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Also, I think Adam Jones at this point is a detriment for School.  On Tuesday, I was sitting with a couple friends in the club level, and one of them pointed out that, when Jones and Schoop were warming up between the lineup announcements and taking the field, Jones was wearing a catcher's mitt.  Instead of doing a lot of longer-tosses that I see from most players on the away side and from Machado, Jones had Schoop throwing him curve balls and half the time, Jones was crouched as a catcher.  Not very impressed from that.  

This is kind of a ridiculous criticism. Did you ever play ball? These guys live this game; there's nothing wrong with having a bit of fun, especially in a season like this. They're not Little Leaguers picking daisies in the outfield.  I think you're just mis-directing your general frustration with how badly the team has been playing - which by the way is not unusual and probably why a lot of bad teams have poor team chemistry. 

50 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yes I'm sure skipping Fanfest is realllll high on the list of ex-player regrets. 

Maybe not ex-players. But fans that paid those players. Especially those who have had nothing more than average careers. 

Archived