Did Anyone Expect it to be THIS Bad?

Bahama O's Fan

4 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Actually I think he's followed through on advice, but from the wrong individuals. He's also been prone to ng akigsentimental decisions.

Really no way to know for certain, but no one thinks there is only one person making personnel decisions. And that lack of accountability falls to ownership.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chromehill said:

Angelos is not cheap.  Probably better to say that he does not spend his money wisely.  This could also be due to poor advice. 

Really?

Peter Angelos made the Orioles the only MLB team not to sign international free agents, has skimped on scouting, refused last year and in the off-season to trade Machado or Britton or O'Day or anyone else, outbid himself for Davis, has belittled top employees, had trouble hiring a GM last time around, has declined to communicate at all with the media or the fans for years, played a major role in turning the once-respected Orioles franchise into MLB's laughingstock and is doing so again -- because he got bad advice?

I agree he hasn't been cheap. He has made foolish decisions to spend and not to spend because he is a self-righteous, stubborn egotist who, for most of his 25-year Reign of Error, has been failed to recognize that he knows very, very little about how to build a successful baseball team.

14 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Really?

Peter Angelos made the Orioles the only MLB team not to sign international free agents, has skimped on scouting, refused last year and in the off-season to trade Machado or Britton or O'Day or anyone else, outbid himself for Davis, has belittled top employees, had trouble hiring a GM last time around, has declined to communicate at all with the media or the fans for years, played a major role in turning the once-respected Orioles franchise into MLB's laughingstock and is doing so again -- because he got bad advice?

I agree he hasn't been cheap. He has made foolish decisions to spend and not to spend because he is a self-righteous, stubborn egotist who, for most of his 25-year Reign of Error, has been failed to recognize that he knows very, very little about how to build a successful baseball team.

You are correct sir.  Actual statement is he throws good advice away

15 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Really?

To add to the bad advice.  One problem is that he gets too much advice because of the organizational structure he had created.   No doubt the Orioles problems are the result of one man, Peter Angelos. 

58 minutes ago, Woody Held said:

You are correct sir.  Actual statement is he throws good advice away

I suspect it's also true that once he has expressed a preference, and certainly once he makes up his mind, he won't get any contrary advice from those who don't want to be fired, or those with contracts who would like to see them renewed and don't want to be banished to Outer Petrovia for the balance of their employment, or (I am assuming) his sons.

22 hours ago, osfan83 said:

Just think about how much money Schoop is costing himself! He might not get any offers when he becomes a FA after 2019 season. There is a chance that Mancini, Tillman, Gentry, Sisco, could all be left off of major league rosters next year. 

Even if none of them care about the 2018 Orioles, a lot of players are playing themselves out of a lot of money, or a roster spot on a MLB team with their performances.  

But during the off season people were saying we should be locking Schoop up long term.

19 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Really?

:clap:

Buck isn't going anywhere this season unless he resigns/retires/quits.  Who are the Orioles going to come in and take over this train wreck?  Why would they hire a guy just to give him a bunch of losses on his record right out of the gate?  Any managerial change that happens (if it happens) will occur after the season is over and a guy can come in fresh with new faces on the roster and an opportunity to instill a new attitude in the team.  I certainly wouldn't want to take over this team if I was looking for a managerial gig.  Who is going to be playing shortstop in August?  Beckham?  please.

Archived