TT: Orioles get Haul for Machado

Tony-OH

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent article.   As I just wrote in another thread, I can’t believe how quickly you got this article up, with fairly detailed analysis of each player.   Did you get advance notice of who the players were?

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

With Rylon Bannon coming over, do you see Jomar Reyes getting moved/the boot or would he move to Bowie and Mountcastle moves up to see what he can do in Norfolk?

I don't personally think Reyes is a prospect so Bannon will definitely be the priority play at Frederick at third base. The orioles may want to look at him at second base as well to see how he plays there. He could end up Schoop's replacement as much as a third baseman. it will be interesting to see how the Orioles play him after he;'s acquired.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Excellent article.   As I just wrote in another thread, I can’t believe how quickly you got this article up, with fairly detailed analysis of each player.   Did you get advance notice of who the players were?

Thanks. Nope, just went to work as soon as it was announced! Google is your friend when looking up info and videos. I honestly was surprised at the upsides of Pop and Kremer and even Bannon to a lesser degree. I really like this haul.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't personally think Reyes is a prospect so Bannon will definitely be the priority play at Frederick at third base. The orioles may want to look at him at second base as well to see how he plays there. He could end up Schoop's replacement as much as a third baseman. it will be interesting to see how the Orioles play him after he;'s acquired.

Thanks. I was more referring to Bannon moving up to Bowie and pushing Mountcastle up.

If you are happy with the trade Tony then I am happy with the trade. I don't follow minor league baseball like you do. I am surprised though that the deal is centered around a hittter. Do the Orioles seriously have more of a hitting problem right now than a pitching problem? Hard to believe if so.

10 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Thanks. I was more referring to Bannon moving up to Bowie and pushing Mountcastle up.

They could, but I would keep him at Frederick at first to see how he adjusts away from the California league.

26 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

My thoughts on the five players acquired for Manny Machado including their ceilings, most likely, and floors.

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2018/07/18/machado-traded-to-dodgers-for-five-prospects/

Good stuff.  Have you thought about where these guys might slot in among our top 10-20 prospects?  I would think that Diaz is going to be among the top 2 or 3 if not the top spot, with Kremer solidly in the top 10, and both Bannon and Pop getting top 10 consideration.  

Does this trade bring our system solidly into the top half of MLB teams?

3 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

Updates on their assignments.

Thanks, interesting they moved Bannon up. It will be even more interesting to see if they move him or Mountcastle from third base unless they move Mountcastle up to AAA. I'd like to see Mountcastle moved to left field.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks, interesting they moved Bannon up. It will be even more interesting to see if they move him or Mountcastle from third base unless they move Mountcastle up to AAA. I'd like to see Mountcastle moved to left field.

I think you could see Mountcastle promoted soon with Bannon playing mostly 2B in the meantime. 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Tony is Nunez coming up to replace Manny?  If no word yet do you think its the move? Hes had 3 stints in the majors with 60 ABs total, So he needs a shot IMO.

Archived