Big time talk from Dan

eddie83

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Have we ever heard them SAY they are going to start investingi n the international market before?

It is different although I would feel even better if John Angelos was saying it in a press conference. 

2 minutes ago, Bird Dog said:

Any word on where Buck fits in?

I'm not 100% against keeping Buck as manager. It might be more his speed at this point though to just be like some type of minor league coordinator or adviser. 

As I have said all along, when Dan Duquette had the influence to make the decisions, this organziation was one of the best. If the Angelos sons have chosen Dan to make the final decisions once again, I'm all for it, but they need to make sure that Brady and Buck are not part of the decision making, but perhaps part of Dan's team if he wants their imput. Dan should have the final say and let him do what he does best.

If this organization really is going to invest in analytics and most importantly international scouting with Dan at the helm, then I feel 1000 times better about the future of the organization.

BTW, it should be Dan's decision on whether he wants to retain Buck. While Buck is a good field manager, it should be Dan's decision to ultimately decide if he's his manager during this rebuild.

Additionally, Brady's role needs to be defined and there should be no end around of competing decision makers.

Until that happens there will always be a shadow.

Perhaps Dan Duquette actually won this Game of thrones afterall? If so, what a comeback! 

24 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

Sounds like DD is here for the long haul. Brady needs to stick to his workouts, stay out of the warehouse. 

Haven’t gotten all the way through these posts, in my fantasy, I wish they had packaged Brady in the Manny deal somehow, a little sweetener to “condition” the Dodger players. No charge. Seems like an LA guy anyway. 

Was it Dan's decision to trade away legitimate prospects/young players for marginal pieces that tended to be rentals? Because if so, I'm not sure I think Dan is the guy to be forward thinking enough to overcome massive financial disadvantages...

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think it’s better coming from the GM (or whatever Dan’s title is). If it was one of the sons, I would be like yeah, sure whatever.

Not if Dan and Buck were sitting right next to him....like Ozzie and Bisciotti and Harbaugh do every year. 

Archived