And Manny will wear #8... the pain is REAL!

Todd-O

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Just because he wasn't around for Cal's prime doesn't mean he can't pay a tribute.  One day a year all MLB players wear #42, none of them were an itch in their dads pants when Jackie Robinson hung em up.

Manny has never mentioned Cal as far as I know. He wore 13 because of Arod. Why would he pay tribute to Cal now, when he never did as an Oriole. Maybe he did and I missed it.  If he wanted to pay tribute to Cal, he should have made sure he could play SS before pressuring the team into putting him there.

2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Manny has never mentioned Cal as far as I know. He wore 13 because of Arod. Why would he pay tribute to Cal now, when he never did as an Oriole. Maybe he did and I missed it.  If he wanted to pay tribute to Cal, he should have made sure he could play SS before pressuring the team into putting him there.

Well ok then, clearly you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and put your fussy britches on.

9 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

27 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well ok then, clearly you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and put your fussy britches on.

Actually, i was being sincere when i said maybe i missed when he did. 

And at this stage of my life...both sides of the bed are the wrong side lol.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

Actually, i was being sincere when i said maybe i missed when he did. 

And at this stage of my life...both sides of the bed are the wrong side lol.

I dunno, I maybe missed it too but maybe they have a good relationship.  Not sure why he doesn't wear 13 in LA, it's not retired by them.  Or someone already has it.

I can't imagine it's anything else other than a tribute to Cal in some way.  Too much of a coincidence not to be.  Oh well, looking forward to watching some Dodgers games and seeing how he does.

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I dunno, I maybe missed it too but maybe they have a good relationship.  Not sure why he doesn't wear 13 in LA, it's not retired by them.  Or someone already has it.

I can't imagine it's anything else other than a tribute to Cal in some way.  Too much of a coincidence not to be.  Oh well, looking forward to watching some Dodgers games and seeing how he does.

Manny has been gone for some time in my head, so I've been kinda over Manny. After basically demanding to be put at SS and the fan fest debacle, and the not hustling at times...im kinda over Manny. Hope he does well...but yeah. Wasn't trying to come off as a dbag. Sorry if it seemed that way.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Cal was Arod's idol so that makes him Manny's Grand idol.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

Manny has been gone for some time in my head, so I've been kinda over Manny. After basically demanding to be put at SS and the fan fest debacle, and the not hustling at times...im kinda over Manny. Hope he does well...but yeah. Wasn't trying to come off as a dbag. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Doesn't sound like you are over him.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Muncy

Archived