Dan Duquette -- any chance he stays?

Bradysburns

35 minutes ago, Jurczak said:

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills reading through this. We had a good run, but it is time to make changes. We can’t change ownership, but we need to clean house everywhere else. Buck, Brady, and Duquette all need to go and start fresh with a new group in the front office.

I know what you mean. It's like people are wanting more of the same for the next several years. I don't get it. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be more than willing to bring Duquette back for another three years IF he is allowed to do his job without everyone else interfering. No Brady, no Buck, Dan hires who he wants and can implement the vision he wants to implement. I'm all for it. Trying to operate with handcuffs on and everyone else usurping your authority whenever they feel like it is sure to force you into making some mistakes you may not normally make. Duquette's track record is excellent.. until he came here and I think we all know why.

Bring Duquette back, but Brady needs a defined (lesser) role and Buck needs to go. Give Dan full autonomy and get out of his way and I bet he does an excellent job. I'm all for it.

1 minute ago, Satyr3206 said:

There is a common thread running through all the problems with the O's Franchise for a while. Take a guess? Wasn't DD, or Pat Gillick, or Dave Johnson.

Or Andy MacPhail, or Johnny Oates, or anyone else. Want to guess?

4 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

Or Andy MacPhail, or Johnny Oates, or anyone else. Want to guess?

I see where you’re going here. I’m picking up what you’re putting down.

its that damn, no good, good for nothing Oriole Bird! He’s well past his prime and needs to be released!  ?

26 minutes ago, Natty said:

Fellow fans, wake up. Let this sink in...

We are the worst team in baseball. Time to clean house.

After having the best record in baseball for 5 years. I agree big changes need to be made, all the way to the top. However, I think there is a lot to the narrative that Angelos created a toxic environment where DD could not do his job. I would not arbitrarily fire everyone for one bad year and maybe you do get rid of them all. Hard to know without being on the inside but if DD is saying all the right things and making all the right plays I would be OK with keeping him.

I would support Dan staying if John and/or Lou Angelos appear with him ina press conference and explain to the fans how a page is turning, acknowledge the problems of too many chefs in the kitchen in the past and the importance of Dan having complete baseball decision making authority going forward

If so, then, yeah, I could see giving Dan the rebuild assignment.  Buck can go or stay if Dan wants...same with Brady, it is up to Dan , but ownership has to very publically give the keys to Dan or I am not going to support the continued chaos that will keep on plaguing this franchise. 

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I would support Dan staying if John and/or Lou Angelos appear with him ina press conference and explain to the fans how a page is turning, acknowledge the problems of too many chefs in the kitchen in the past and the importance of Dan having complete baseball decision making authority going forward

If so, then, yeah, I could see giving Dan the rebuild assignment.  Buck can go or stay if Dan wants...same with Brady, it is up to Dan , but ownership has to very publically give the keys to Dan or I am not going to support the continued chaos that will keep on plaguing this franchise. 

If the owners don’t give Dan complete control, then it makes no difference at all whether he stays or not. 

Mid like to see what happens over the next ten days before making up my mind on if Duquette is the right guy to do the rebuild, but on the surface everything he is saying I agree with.

6 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I agree with the first paragraph but to me Buck and Brady have to go if Dan stays.  They can say whatever they like now but I feel that at some point they would attempt to exert influence again.

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I agree with the first paragraph but to me Buck and Brady have to go if Dan stays.  They can say whatever they like now but I feel that at some point they would attempt to exert influence again.

I agree. DD stays, they have to go.

29 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I agree. DD stays, they have to go.

There’s a lot we don’t know about how the relationship actually works.   But it should be Dan’s call whether they stay or go (and what Brady’s responsibilities are).

I like the formulation of the plan so to speak as it has been unveiled so far...

But the key here to credibility is naming someone to be in charge of that plan.  Without that, to me it is more of the same.  DD, someone else.  I can go either way. 

But someone has to be in charge of putting this plan into action and that person should have the full freedom to name his or her lieutenants.  Then just to make us all certain, they can go ahead and grab Victor Victor Mesa.

I have been complaining about lack of a plan and lack of accountability since November...and the recent developments have definitely caught my eye.  I am cautiously optimistic.

But I would really like to hear from ownership that the plan has an architect and the control and accountability that goes with it.

Archived