Chris Tillman Appreciation Thread

Grt 2BA FL Gator

21 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Yep I wish him luck... but he is really delusional if he thinks any other team in baseball will let him pitch, even on a minor league team

Maybe someone will, and my guess is he’s exploring that before giving the Orioles an answer.    Frankly, I’d prefer he go elsewhere so that we can give opportunities to younger pitchers.     And yes, I realize Norfolk is not overflowing with young pitching talent.   

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel bad for the guy.  I can't imagine any team is willing to give him a shot outside of a minor league deal, and even then he didn't want to take it with the Orioles.  Horrendous performance or not, it's just sad seeing how far he's fallen.

Speaking of sad, the Orioles played in the Wild Card game less than two years ago in October.  Of the 17 players who got in the game that night, more than half of them are either no longer on the team in any capacity or on the DL.  

57 minutes ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

I feel bad for the guy.  I can't imagine any team is willing to give him a shot outside of a minor league deal, and even then he didn't want to take it with the Orioles.  Horrendous performance or not, it's just sad seeing how far he's fallen.

If I were him, I’d take the rest of the year off, rest up, and see a bunch of doctors, kinesthisiologists and whatever.    Try to figure out a solution and then see if I can latch on somewhere next year on a MiL deal (or, have surgery if it’s called for and see if that helps).    I don’t think he’s getting anywhere by trying to pitch in his current state.  

1 hour ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

Speaking of sad, the Orioles played in the Wild Card game less than two years ago in October.  Of the 17 players who got in the game that night, more than half of them are either no longer on the team in any capacity or on the DL.  

I do too.  Just missed his big payday.  That being said, he still pulled $25 million out of the game by the time he was 30, so I guess we shouldn't feel too bad.  I'm with Frobby, I hope he can get whatever is wrong fixed and take one more shot.

Sorry to see Tilly go, but can't blame him . His pride won't allow him to go to Norfolk right now.  But he's eventually going to have  to swallow that pride and pitch in the minors.as he learns to pitch minus his fastball. Who knows, maybe he'll come back to Norfolk.

He was VERY good exactly when he was needed.  Chris is forever a huge part of the force that turned around 14 years of terror.  He even waited for the team to die before falling apart completely himself.  Sad to see it end, but time well spent!  Especially sad to see the Bedard return go.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived