Manny’s farewell statement

Frobby

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I didn't think he was a great SS while he was here but certainly not the worst ever like the metrics say.  That Ringer article made it sound like he was terrible.  

Worst ever is very misleading.  Guys used to play without gloves for goodness sake.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/21/2018 at 7:25 PM, e16bball said:

Good point, would have been nice if Manny hadn’t refused to play 3B for us. We could have played JJ Hardy at SS and probably would have had a really good defense. Might have won a lot of games. 

I think Manny would probably make a pretty good defensive 3B. Guess we’ll finally find out now that he’s willing to do that for the Dodgers. 

Nice attempt at deflection. I was talking about 2018.

35 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Machado is not a SS. He only wants to be. And Showalter did not have the gumption to tell him so. That's Showalter for you in a nut shell. The inmates run the asylum.

The Dodgers thought he was, enough to trade 5 players for him.   I suspect a number of teams this winter will offer to pay him a lot of money to play SS.

Just now, Frobby said:

The Dodgers thought he was, enough to trade 5 players for him.   I suspect a number of teams this winter will offer to pay him a lot of money to play SS.

Wrong, they will play him at 3B mostly.

46 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

We shall see. Of course, he might just all of a sudden start playing all-star defensive SS in Dodgers blue. 

He has adjusted his positioning so far as a LAD. He is playing more in the hole and relying on his arm.  Much like Tejada did. With the O's I think he was positioned closer to 2B. I think we'll be seeing a lot more web gems. 

Archived