Adam and Chris stuck in elevator last night

SteveA

16 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Good way to crush your fingers there Crush....i remember a gruesome Six Feet Unders episode in an elevator...glad they all are safe. 

Yeah, it could have been a whole lot worse.

About 35 years ago, I was on a fumigation crew for tobacco warehouses and we went to sites in SC, NC and VA. A freight elevator was out in one old dusty warehouse and our supervisor tried to repair it. The doors opened from top to bottom rather than the way passenger elevators open. While tinkering with the door with his tools, he said “Hold this door open until I say let go.” Well, the door rusty old door unexpectedly slipped and slammed shut like a meat cleaver coming down. My middle finger was caught between the metal doors. I lost all of my fingernail right there. The only thing we had in our medical kit was some rubbing alcohol that they ran over my finger. The pain was so intense that it felt like water pouring on my hand. The nail grew back as good as new eventually, but I do still have a bit of a scar on my finger there in my fingerprint. It ripped some skin back there, too. 

Archived