John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

3 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I think the old "change of scenery" might apply to Brach.   I've felt that change should be to the NL, though.

If you're a team that has struggled to find a solid closer for years do you really want to hang your hat on a Brad Brach turnaround? They're poised to make another World Series run and that starting pitching staff is filthy. The only piece they're missing is a shut down closer. Even Bud Norris would be a better option then Brach, I think. 

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

If you're a team that has struggled to find a solid closer for years do you really want to hang your hat on a Brad Brach turnaround? They're poised to make another World Series run and that starting pitching staff is filthy. The only piece they're missing is a shut down closer. Even Bud Norris would be a better option then Brach, I think. 

I hear ya.   Maybe teams think getting back into a pennant race would be good for him.  Put him on a team where he's not "the guy" and maybe it would help.   I'd like to see us get something for him, but I won't be surprised if we don't.

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I mean, would you have faith in Brach's ability to pitch in high pressure situations after seeing what he's done this season? The Astros need a LEGITIMATE closer. Yes, they missed the boat on Britton, but others (like Osuna) are still probably available. 

The idea that Brach can’t pitch in high pressure situations is a myth. The problem is that right now he’s not pitching well period, regardless of how much pressure there is.   

After his blown save on Opening Day, Brach got the save in his next ten opportunities.    He blew one on June 7 when Buck foolishly pitched him three days in a row and didn’t pull the plug when Brach obviously didn’t have either his stuff or his command.   It had nothing to do with pressure; Brach had saved two one-run games the two previous nights.    He had a 3.13 ERA as of that second consecutive save, but his ERA is 7.31 since then.    

2 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Dan should pick up the phone and pitch that. I'd give you some upvotes, but for some reason I noticed I can't do that anymore, what's up with that?

Limited Posting Members lose certain board privileges. 

10 minutes ago, Malike said:

Limited Posting Members lose certain board privileges. 

Yep. Full membership is inexpensive. Easiest money I spend each year.  I can’t stand the boards anywhere else after how well run this one is.

The whole rep system has been very wonky recently though...I lost  1800+ points and I didn’t even piss anyone off!  Sure it’s a short term glitch.

1 minute ago, pdiddy said:

Yep. Full membership is inexpensive. Easiest money I spend each year.  I can’t stand the boards anywhere else after how well run this one is.

The whole rep system has been very wonky recently though...I lost  1800+ points and I didn’t even piss anyone off!  Sure it’s a short term glitch.

You lost 1800?  I lost eight birds.  Frobby lost 10.

I'm not sure it's a glitch, they reset rep to when they switched over to the new rep system.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not sure it's a glitch, they reset rep to when they switched over to the new rep system.

I'll see you and raise you, 9 birds and 23,000-24,000 points gone.  
obladi oblada life goes on

7 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

I just noticed I lost all my birds. I don't care, though.

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Did I?    I didn’t even notice.    How will I sleep tonight now?

Archived