Orioles "No one is untouchable in rebuild"

Roll Tide

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Burn it down! Burn it down! I hope the Orioles make some bold moves. It could speed up the rebuild in a mighty way.

Agreed.  There are only a small handful of guys that I'd be okay with extending through to our next window (Schoop, for right price, is one of them), but even those guys, I could just as easily trade for the right offer...  Like, I'm 50/50 and don't have a preference.

There are tons of must trades, must cuts, or must not resigns on the team.  Then even the guys who could be kept are gone if someone presents the right interest and prospects.

I agree with a full rebuild and if Bundy or gausman gets traded, that pretty much guarantees back to back number 1 picks.  I just can't stand to watch Beckham anymore. He is arbitration eligible next yesr, any chance he gets released?

3 minutes ago, kramer_ said:

I agree with a full rebuild and if Bundy or gausman gets traded, that pretty much guarantees back to back number 1 picks.

If the Orioles are done with half measures, then that is what needs to happen. I'm good with it.

12 minutes ago, kramer_ said:

I agree with a full rebuild and if Bundy or gausman gets traded, that pretty much guarantees back to back number 1 picks.  I just can't stand to watch Beckham anymore. He is arbitration eligible next yesr, any chance he gets released?

None of the position players on this team have been good this year. With Machado now gone, we have Jones, Schoop and Trumbo as the only guys who aren't negative WAR, that's pretty pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, baltimoreO's22 said:

None of the position players on this team have been good this year. With Machado now gone, we have Jones, Schoop and Trumbo as the only guys who aren't negative WAR, that's pretty pathetic. 

Not on the 25 currently but,

Gentry.

Sisco.

We started with 3 Rule V picks on our opening day roster, last season why not start with even more Rule V picks in 2019?

I would rather see a team of Rule V picks on the field in 2019 than a bunch of older, replacement level veterans  who have no chance of helping in the future when the Orioles can reasonably compete.  We are going to be bad next season.  At least take a look at inexpensive, younger players from other organizations without rushing our own prospects.

All that means is that they'll listen to offers, but I doubt they look to move Gausman or Bundy anytime soon.  I could see Schoop being moved this winter if he won't extend on a team-friendly deal.  I doubt Gausman is going anywhere before next July, if then.  Same with Bundy.

Archived