Schoop won’t mope

Frobby

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

I know the smart move is to trade him but I would still love DD to go to his agent and offer a $5 year deal for $75-$85 million and make him the face of franchise.  

Schoop for 5/75 would look pretty good to me. 

3 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Schoop for 5/75 would look pretty good to me. 

Yeah a deal like 12 million next year buying out last year of arbitration and 4 more years at $16 million and $2 million buyout or $18 option year.  5 years 78 million or 6 years $96 million.  We don’t have any middle infielders ready in minors so Schoop not blocking anyone.

11 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

I believe that Schoop is simultaneously giving his best effort, while also feeling very sad (and perhaps occasionally crying) about the departure of his friend.

o

Well, then feeling sad must be good for his productivity, because he's playing the best baseball of his life now.  

11 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

I believe that Schoop is simultaneously giving his best effort, while also feeling very sad (and perhaps occasionally crying) about the departure of his friend.

o

29 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Well, then feeling sad must be good for his productivity, because he's playing the best baseball of his life now.  

o

While we will never know for sure, I don't think that they are necessarily related.

Schoop has gone on tears in the past, and (as far as we know) did not have much to feel glum about during said tears.

He appears to me to be a (generally) streaky offensive player, who doesn't/didn't let the departure of one of his best friends bring down his commitment to his profession.

o

10 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

Yeah a deal like 12 million next year buying out last year of arbitration and 4 more years at $16 million and $2 million buyout or $18 option year.  5 years 78 million or 6 years $96 million.  We don’t have any middle infielders ready in minors so Schoop not blocking anyone.

At that rate he would be about the 4th highest paid 2B. I would offer 4 yrs/54 this off-season

10 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

I know the smart move is to trade him but I would still love DD to go to his agent and offer a $5 year deal for $75-$85 million and make him the face of franchise.  

He's good, but I just don't see it.  I don't think he's going to age well.  Defensive could drop dramatically after age 30. Need to change the philosophy of the team and go with OBP guys.

32 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

While we will never know for sure, I don't think that they are necessarily related.

Schoop has gone on tears in the past, and (as far as we know) did not have much to feel glum about during said tears.

He appears to me to be a (generally) streaky offensive player, who doesn't/didn't let the departure of one of his best friends bring down his commitment to his profession.

o

Agreed.    By the way, last year Schoop had a 51-game stretch of 1.025 OPS, during which he clubbed 16 homers.   He’s got a ways to go to match that for “the best baseball of his life.”

36 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

I was trying to be sarcastic.  

Archived