Bundy is Broken

weams

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

New nickname for Bundy. "Tee".. As in Dylan "putting it on a Tee" Bundy. Nobody lives up in the zone with sub par stuff like Bundy does.

That’s just it. I saw a change below the knees ripped and a two strike breaking ball down in the zone.  

He is leaving some balls up but he is getting hit no matter where.  

4 minutes ago, TGO said:

On the homers tonight:

Diaz: middle-up curve on 1-2 count

Smoak: middle-out FB 89 mph on 0-0 count

Morales: middle-middle FB 87 mph (yikes) on 1-0 count

Tony's right, that's tee ball.

Dead arm or concealing an injury?  Bundy should rest for 2 weeks and see if any velocity comes back.

I don't know why clubs keep drafting these high school pitchers throwing high 90s. They're usually just tearing their arms up and they end up throwing high 80s like Bundy is now. I guess it's too tempting to buy that lottery ticket and hope you're getting the rare kid who maintains that kind of stuff but it's a very long shot. 

3 minutes ago, vab said:

I don't know why clubs keep drafting these high school pitchers throwing high 90s. They're usually just tearing their arms up and they end up throwing high 80s like Bundy is now. I guess it's too tempting to buy that lottery ticket and hope you're getting the rare kid who maintains that kind of stuff but it's a very long shot. 

Hoping to hit on another Doc Gooden.  (Pre cocaine)

Did you hear Bundy with Gary Thorne after the game tonight ?  Gary asked him if he has watched film and is doing anything different? He said he has watched film and nothing is different. Gary says REALLY with a big eyes reaction. Ross Grimsley watched film a week ago and on the radio openly picked apart what he was doing differently.  If Grimsley can see a difference what does Roger and Buck see?  Buck was not happy after the game with Bundy. His comments were more critical of him. Time to shut him down. Gausman throws 8 shutout innings tonight and beat the Pirates. His second win with Atlanta?  Here we go again!

/

Showalter on Bundy: “His finish, the shape of his pitches, it’s just very unlike Dylan. This is probably as tough a stretch as he’s had. It seems like every mistake he makes he’s paying a price for. There will be better days ahead for him. It’s (his resolve) tested now. It’s a challenge for him right now, I can tell. It’s probably one of the tougher periods he’s had, other than when he was hurt.”

Showalter asked if the O’s would consider skipping Bundy a start?: “We kind of have. We’ve done that, extra days rest at the All-Star break. You saw what we did. We’ve given him extra days quite a few times. We’ve attacked that and we’ll continue to look at if we need to do it again.”

Melewski - http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2018/08/bundy-hit-hard-as-os-lose-again-at-rogers-centre.html

Since July, Bundy is 1-7, 40 ER in 42.2 IP, 8.44 ERA.  On August 4, he had the 6 inning game versus Texas, giving up 1 run.   Take away that game, and his ERA would be 9.57 in the other 7 starts - that's Tillman territory.  Not in those numbers are the 5 ER in 1.2 in the July 25 rainout vs. Boston.  Tonight was Bundy's 3rd straight game surrendering 7 ER.  

Archived